Skip navigation

Hawaii: Earthquake 10/15/2005

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > General Chatter > Hawaii: Earthquake 10/15/2005
Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on October 15, 2006 at 3:52 pm

KITV live stream.

My niece is ok but very scared because she can't reach anyone on the islands so she called us in California. I have another ten relatives I am waiting for a response from.

Being from California, we have two designated contacts outside of the state to call when an emergency happens.

I hope that the reports of no deaths continue..

Level 19 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on October 15, 2006 at 6:04 pm

:cry: I am so sorry 2 hear that. I hope ur family is safe and out of danger. My prayers r with u.

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on October 17, 2006 at 1:44 am

My uncle's report:

No problems, just lost electricity and cell phones for @ 20 hours.

It was a real strong quake, but different from Calipony, very short frequency, no problem standing but still scary. Appears most damage was on the Big Island, esp. Kona side.

Have to wait for the newspaper and TV news tonight for more info. Our radio stations, what few (@3) we could pickup were pretty bad on coverage, ie. sucked.

I did pick up stations from San Diego and Manilla, PI after dark that had better coverage. Hawaii is not prepared for any major catastrophe.

People like to make jokes about California and I will agree, the populace as a whole can't drive; I learned to drive during an El Nino winter, I love the rain.

One thing everyone in my family has is a contact, in their cell phone and in their wallet that is outside of the state for just such emergencies; this way, we light up the out of state network and it it becomes their responsibility to notify everyone else they can get a hold of.

Laugh all you want, I've known within an hour who was hurt and who wasn't when the rock smashes the car in California.