Skip navigation

Particle Fire

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Particle Fire
Level 16 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on October 1, 2006 at 6:19 pm

Why, everytime I change my screensaver to NONE, do I have to re-register my Particle Fire download key and, re-install Particle Fire before it will run again on my pc? I have a 2004 Sony Vaio 4.3 gig computer so, this cannot be the problem. This makes the second time this has happened since, I re-downloaded to my new pc. I first purchased it 06-12-05 and, it isn't supposed to expire until 11-07. Can you please explain this to me or, make some kind of change in the programming, so that when I click NONE, on my screensaver, I can put Particle Fire back on without having to re-register, and re-download, before I can run it? We think it's really cool and, it's the only screensaver I like and, will use.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on October 2, 2006 at 5:32 pm

Some systems seem to have a problem with Particle Fire disappearing from the list occasionally. We've improved this with Particle Fire 2, but the problem still exists if you have the older version.

Next time, try opening the My Computer shortcut on your desktop, then navigating to 'C:\Program Files\LDA Games\Particle Fire\'. You'll see an item called 'Particle Fire'. Right click on that and choose 'install' and see if that works for you.

Also, Particle Fire never expires, and we never 'delete' any of our orders, so you don't have to worry about any of that.