Skip navigation

What would u do if you could time travel?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > General Chatter > What would u do if you could time travel?
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on September 4, 2006 at 5:22 pm

Well sorry I wanna erase myself from time itself sounds like fun ,then again going foward in time and buying myself a F14 then comming back also sounds fun.

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on September 4, 2006 at 6:32 pm

I'd ttake over the world if I had the chance... I could really fix up the human society structure a bit... :twisted:
Why borrow a spaceship from then when I already own one? :twisted:

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on September 5, 2006 at 4:43 am

Well, I got nothing better to do than go get a coppy of that excellent new game :roll:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on September 5, 2006 at 4:34 pm

take over the world :)

Posted on September 6, 2006 at 12:18 pm

I guess there would be terrible things like becoming your own father and stuff though XD

Or if you erased yourself and then did that o_o

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on September 6, 2006 at 12:30 pm

I guess there would be terrible things like becoming your own father and stuff though XD

Or if you erased yourself and then did that o_o

If you erased myself i couldn't have posted this could i?

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on September 6, 2006 at 12:49 pm

Well sorry I wanna erase myself from time itself sounds like fun ,then again going foward in time and buying myself a F14 then comming back also sounds fun.
If you erase yourself from time, then you'll never be be able to go back in time and erase yourself from time.

Maybe you've done this before.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on September 6, 2006 at 6:50 pm

Yay paradoxes! ^_^

Posted on September 7, 2006 at 12:36 pm

If you go back in time and kill yourself then you would have never have been their to kill yourself, so you would live on, so then you would kill yourself XD

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on September 11, 2006 at 8:35 pm

i never would no matter how tempting
who knows what it would do.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on September 12, 2006 at 12:58 pm

If you go back in time and kill yourself then you would have never have been their to kill yourself, so you would live on, so then you would kill yourself XD

Thats almost the same as using a time machine to go forward in time and sending it back to you.

Where did u get it?

Posted on September 13, 2006 at 1:32 pm

Well...sending something back in time is different. Because the timeline has already adapted to get you where you are, so if you go back in time, in theory you will mearly be acting out what you're supposed to, no matter what it is, and the timeline will be safe because you're supposed to be doing it.

You see there are a few ways it could work.

Either A: For every possible split second there is a seperate dimension living it out. So if you went back in time you're effectively going over to one of them, and anything you do will only effect that one (that theory sounds flawed to me even though I made it up)

Or B: Our time is the only present time. Going back or forwards in time holds you in stasis while the world around you goes to the right time. So if you went backwards, you would alter what happens in the future with what you do, but you would be safe from the reprocutions as you are. If you went forwards then you would drag the whole timeline forwards and merely see how things would end up from how things stand at the time. Whatever you do there effects the future's future, but not what is behind the current time you're in. Problems arise when you have multiple people preforming time travel. (sounds better)

C: Everything is layed out in a set route ( this is a destiny type theory ) no matter what you do you are suppopsed to do it, no matter how radical, no matter what timezone. It will alter nothing, you are SUPPOSED to be doing it.

D: The loop theory: Time travel is highly unstable. If you kill yourself in the past, who killed you, if you destroy the earth in the past, who destroyed the earth etc. This is very dangerous and quite unlikely in my opinion.

These are my theories and I now claim my rights to them. Do not use them as your own. I myself favour the idea that time travel cannot be acheived because only our current time exists, or doesn't. You see in my opinion there is no such thing as time. Things merely happen in one time, we can't go back because there's nowhere to go back to. It's like if you delete your earlier versions of files and only have the newest one. There IS NOTHING to go back to. It is instantly deleted. Zip. You cannot. Pop. BANG! That's it. 2ndself out....

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on September 13, 2006 at 6:59 pm

Well...sending something back in time is different. Because the timeline has already adapted to get you where you are, so if you go back in time, in theory you will mearly be acting out what you're supposed to, no matter what it is, and the timeline will be safe because you're supposed to be doing it.

You see there are a few ways it could work.

Either A: For every possible split second there is a seperate dimension living it out. So if you went back in time you're effectively going over to one of them, and anything you do will only effect that one (that theory sounds flawed to me even though I made it up)

Or B: Our time is the only present time. Going back or forwards in time holds you in stasis while the world around you goes to the right time. So if you went backwards, you would alter what happens in the future with what you do, but you would be safe from the reprocutions as you are. If you went forwards then you would drag the whole timeline forwards and merely see how things would end up from how things stand at the time. Whatever you do there effects the future's future, but not what is behind the current time you're in. Problems arise when you have multiple people preforming time travel. (sounds better)

C: Everything is layed out in a set route ( this is a destiny type theory ) no matter what you do you are suppopsed to do it, no matter how radical, no matter what timezone. It will alter nothing, you are SUPPOSED to be doing it.

D: The loop theory: Time travel is highly unstable. If you kill yourself in the past, who killed you, if you destroy the earth in the past, who destroyed the earth etc. This is very dangerous and quite unlikely in my opinion.

These are my theories and I now claim my rights to them. Do not use them as your own. I myself favour the idea that time travel cannot be acheived because only our current time exists, or doesn't. You see in my opinion there is no such thing as time. Things merely happen in one time, we can't go back because there's nowhere to go back to. It's like if you delete your earlier versions of files and only have the newest one. There IS NOTHING to go back to. It is instantly deleted. Zip. You cannot. Pop. BANG! That's it. 2ndself out....

Actually, You cannot actually claim right to any of them as they are only ideas in the public domain. A: That's the multiverse idea... for every fraction of a second, another infinite universes are created: anything that can happen does happen... in a different universe.
Some Theory of Knowledge: What is Time? Is time linear? What makes us percieve time as linear? Etc...

Posted on September 14, 2006 at 10:53 am

Well, claiming anything is worth trying dude. :lol: So long as no-one else has already said it within your knowledge. And multiverse. I don't beleive it :/ I'd sooner be religous.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on September 14, 2006 at 5:14 pm

Multiverse yeap 100% different dimensions why not?
2ndself human? nope not a chance.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on September 14, 2006 at 6:51 pm

Multiverse yeap 100% different dimensions why not?
2ndself human? nope not a chance.

2ndself not being human is believable because I'm a dragon... ^_^
I personally say that all the universe theories are all possible, as that for the current time, we have no way of proving which is correct.

Posted on September 15, 2006 at 10:56 am

Wow we had a debate about God in RE class ^^. Lots of fun.