Skip navigation

????

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > ????
Pages 1 2
Level 12 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on August 17, 2006 at 3:06 pm

Can there be any possibility that our quits in RB can be reduced??

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on August 18, 2006 at 12:08 am

If you mean RB, I doubt they will do anything about it... although I'm not Rick... *pokes Rick*

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 18, 2006 at 7:03 pm

Hmmm..if you got 'em---you get to live with 'em..but then again, if their gonna do it---make it board wide---that should make a WHOLE LOTTA people happy.
Unfortunately, it would play havoc with the rank---considering the amount of quits some people have.
My 2c

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 18, 2006 at 7:22 pm

Well erasing the games isnt going to fix the disconnecting problem, a more permanent solution needs to be found to the problem that ALOT of people are having, i posted a thread on this very topic about a year ago, its called Please Rob help me(us) in which i discussed having the exact same problem with my player vengence, disconnecting constantly, error reports being sent and them counting as quits. If something can be done about this, is it the players connection? Cause apparently, not all players are having this problem.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on August 21, 2006 at 2:17 pm

Unfortunately as far as we can tell it's just the reliability of player's connection.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 21, 2006 at 6:59 pm

Alot of times Rivalball crashes at the very end of the game, whether your winning or losing. I have a high speed connection. Once Rivalball crashes I still have my connection (T1 - never goes down), but I end up with what looks like a forfeit.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 21, 2006 at 8:13 pm

:?: quits noproblem with that have none but disconnections it happens time to time. but as far as quits so far so good :D ...Striker...
highspeed 256k

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on August 22, 2006 at 1:43 pm

Alot of times Rivalball crashes at the very end of the game, whether your winning or losing. I have a high speed connection. Once Rivalball crashes I still have my connection (T1 - never goes down), but I end up with what looks like a forfeit.
Can you go into more detail about this crash? Does it crash completely to Windows, or to another screen in the game? In either instance, is there an error message?

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 23, 2006 at 3:27 pm

Can you go into more detail about this crash? Does it crash completely to Windows, or to another screen in the game? In either instance, is there an error message?

I'm also on a high Speed Internet Connection and experience the same problem.

When in the game, the board will just go black and then RB crashes. It shows that I have forfeited the game. I then receive an error message from Microsoft asking if I want to report this problem... After that, it takes about 2 minutes before I can get back into RB. Sometimes it shows that I am already logged on and won't allow me to log in under my name...
I'm now up to 11 quits because of this problem.

I have also noticed lately that when playing, and I have completed the board before my opponent, my screen will hang till my opponent completes their board and they get to the next board before me. :roll:

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on August 23, 2006 at 4:46 pm

My main problem is that i have a bad connection to the internet therefore what happens is as usual it just gives me a black screen, giving me an error message and considering it as a forfiet, but i was thinking maybe i can change to a faster connection, so that i can prevent the connection problem.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 23, 2006 at 5:35 pm

I'm also on a high Speed Internet Connection and experience the same problem.

When in the game, the board will just go black and then RB crashes. It shows that I have forfeited the game. I then receive an error message from Microsoft asking if I want to report this problem... After that, it takes about 2 minutes before I can get back into RB. Sometimes it shows that I am already logged on and won't allow me to log in under my name...
I'm now up to 11 quits because of this problem.

I have also noticed lately that when playing, and I have completed the board before my opponent, my screen will hang till my opponent completes their board and they get to the next board before me. :roll:
this is the EXACT same thing that happens to me, also yesterday i was hangin' out with my buddy and wanted to introduce him to RB, got onto his computer on which he has high speed, and the exact same thing happened over there, twice in less than 6 games it sent an error report counting as a quit.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 23, 2006 at 5:46 pm

Same thing happens here.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 23, 2006 at 6:16 pm

My main problem is that i have a bad connection to the internet therefore what happens is as usual it just gives me a black screen, giving me an error message and considering it as a forfiet, but i was thinking maybe i can change to a faster connection, so that i can prevent the connection problem.

I do agree that upgrading to High Speed would certainly help you. Not to mention that you'll really love it. :D

However, most of us who are on High Speed continue to have the same problem. So that leads me to believe that it is not our connections causing the problem, but something to do with the server perhaps :?:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 24, 2006 at 12:31 am

I do agree that upgrading to High Speed would certainly help you. Not to mention that you'll really love it. :D

However, most of us who are on High Speed continue to have the same problem. So that leads me to believe that it is not our connections causing the problem, but something to do with the server perhaps :?:

i thinks the server runs just fine!! but i had crashes just like you all but not any penalty for quits. maybe a bug with the game or perhaps a bad/old driver on your computer.

Level 19 Human gamer
Posted on August 24, 2006 at 5:24 am

:( :? I have just begun playing a few games after taking some time off. I played the third game and the results timed out. How come this only happens when I win????? Please fix the bug!!!!

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 24, 2006 at 7:45 am

SAME HERE!!!!!!!! IT ONLY HAPPENS WHEN IM WINNING!!! IN ALL THESE YEAR'S NEVER ONCE HAS IT HAPPENED WHEN IM LOSING

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 24, 2006 at 8:01 am

It happens to me whether I'm winning or losing.

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on August 24, 2006 at 9:37 am

Its looks that also people who has a high speed connection also have a problem from quiting but as sunny said perhaps the problem is from the server.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 26, 2006 at 4:14 pm

:?: quits noproblem with that have none but disconnections it happens time to time. but as far as quits so far so good :D ...Striker...
highspeed 256k

bear seems to be misunderstood/256k is the second lowest broadband out there. that is my internet speed or was it my notes which i quote still no quits. hmmm i just dont see how you would think like what the#@&% is his problem as you stated to me. i just dont get it. i guess im just so well liked around here. :lol:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 27, 2006 at 12:46 pm

highspeed 256k

bear seems to be misunderstood/256k is the second lowest broadband out there. that is my internet speed or was it my notes which i quote still no quits. hmmm i just dont see how you would think like what the#@&% is his problem as you stated to me. i just dont get it. i guess im just so well liked around here. :lol:
First off, this is a thread concerning quit's that arnt genuine, which are happening whether its a connection problem, outdated hard drive, or server related,whatever, hell it could be that a Cat 5 wire on ones comp isnt wired correctly, and as far as i can tell you arent having this problem, so why concern yourself with this when your not experiencing it, Second off i understood still no quits' what i didnt get was the hmmm behind it, Further more I apologized for speaking to you like i did, which you aknowledged with an ok, which i took as an acceptance of my apology, i was mistaken apparently, now if you have anything to say directly or indirectly to me or about me, or anyone else for that matter, which doesnt concern the thread at hand, PM me, discuss it with me. This is a serious problem that alot of people are having and this thread doesnt need to be sidetracked like so many in the past have been.

Pages 1 2