Skip navigation

An idea?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > An idea?
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on July 28, 2006 at 7:07 pm

As you all know, we have clanwars on the 4 sunday of each month. We use stock weps etc... But I have found stock weps and tanks to be... Well a bit repetitive, so I'm wondering if there should be an official clan mod pack. All the best modders from each clan making their weps and tanks. New ones, for the clan war server. So yeah, should there be a clan pack or not is the question... I am in favor...

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 28, 2006 at 7:14 pm

that would be cool because everyone could see what everyone else is doing thus more imagenitve tanks would come out however im not part of a clan so im not really one to say. :wink: (i wish i was in a clan though)

Level 13 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 28, 2006 at 7:50 pm

I think they should make there own tanks and weapons because You chould see tanks and weapons from different minds say dennis makes a bio tank with a nuke weapon

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 28, 2006 at 7:57 pm

Clan battles are standarized for all tanks or weapons to not give advantage among clans (see tanks with nuclear weapons only).

But you can always set up a server with all that stuff and people would be willing to try it.... or make your own:
MODS-BATTLE.... (perhaps a special event on fun ddm)...

Level 14 Human Retired
Posted on July 28, 2006 at 8:40 pm

If you wish to make up a different pack with different maps or use the clan maps that 666 built then okay, but not new tanks or weapons since they would not have quality control over balancing them to make them functional against all other weapons and tanks in the stock TM. That would be a requirement to use them in a clan battle. My 2 cents worth - let the battle continue.

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on July 28, 2006 at 10:14 pm

I'll make this simple:

mods for an official clan event? No.
a twenty teams pack supported (meaning clan support) fun event? Ok.

The only weapons mod made to the clan events is the removal of the shadow. The only further weapons mod I will even consider for a clan event is the addition of the shadow back into the event. No tank mods, other than the pack that adds the removed tanks back in, will be considered.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 28, 2006 at 10:16 pm

I agree with KV, however I believe that the extra LDA tanks that were never in the official release of the game should not be in any DDM.

--RC

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 28, 2006 at 11:50 pm

... official release of the game should not be in any DDM.

so how many unfinished tanks are out there? (not modded) and were any being planned/worked during the release...?

I played some of them, not much different (unless ifrit) but seemed a little flashy... perhaps for another level of maps (street chases, etc) :)

Unfinished tanks I tried are: the green long one, the one coaxs uses and probably 2 more...(others made by perhaps Killer and Matrix... some are amorphic... different theme than DDM if they diverge too much from destroyer :D

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Posted on July 29, 2006 at 10:18 am

Okay, we should have it like this:

Every clan has to make 3 tanks, and a weapon or two, then whenever that clan is participating those thingsa are added to the server. :D

Not that i join in anyways. :roll: But I like to mod.

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on July 29, 2006 at 11:12 am

I personally agree with KV... after all, invisible tanks are not exactly easy to shoot at. ^_^
Having a modded clan DDM could work... maybe designated as one of those special sundays? just a thought.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 29, 2006 at 12:53 pm

A clan ddm, would work. Every clan makes weps and tanks and we play. And jujaga no sundays... I won't be able to play. how about saturdays?

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 29, 2006 at 2:21 pm

How about a variation on this idea....

Clan Hosting Mod events...

Each clan gets to make/choose mods that are THEIR mods for the event.

So, for example, =Mod= Wins a clan event. They then host the next event. They pick maps, weapons, etc for a modded server of THEIR choice.

Then the clan event, and then lets say =LWA= wins that event, so now LWA gets to pick the mods used because they are now Hosting the next clan event.

Also has the effect of a Home Field Advantage for clans. :)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 29, 2006 at 6:36 pm

Good idea, but how will we apply this idea? Is LDA going to be the host with a bunch of server mods for each clan?

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 29, 2006 at 10:04 pm

Well, you'd have to find someone willing to host the matches I guess...

surely there are people on each Clan with brodband + a good computer?

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 30, 2006 at 12:51 am

I do, but my resources are dedicated to my other projects... I can't host a TM server, let alone do that... *sigh*

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Posted on July 30, 2006 at 3:52 am

Two more points: We COULD make it so that we only stock meshes, textures and sprites are used (to eliminate the need for a pack).

And all tank weps must behave similarly to the stock one. :wink: (same with tank stats in general)

Level 14 Human Sr Code Monkey
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on July 30, 2006 at 11:11 am

This idea will be shot down in less than 4 posts. LOL