Skip navigation

modding tool required

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > General Chatter > modding tool required
Level 12 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 26, 2006 at 6:59 pm

i want to modify one of the tanks for tread marks but i dont no what i will need so can somebody help me all i want to do is to personalise a tank and say its mine by increseing resistance weapon power and colour also a links would be very handy.

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on July 26, 2006 at 9:11 pm

^_^ I like tanks. ^_^ Yay tanks! ^_^
If you mean tweaking the tank meshes, I would recommend programs like Lightwave 3D 9, Blender 2.42, or an equivalent 3D modeler.
If you mean modding the tank by textures, or it's actions, you'll have to ask someone else more knowledgeable with modding than I am.
^_^ I like tanks. ^_^ Yay tanks! ^_^

Level 12 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 26, 2006 at 9:32 pm

There Is A Program That i know Of Its Called Tread Edit It Can 't Really Make Your Own Meshs But It Can Change The Default Weapon On Your Tank And The Speed And It Can Read From Your Meshs That You Make Or Meshs From Other People That Made Them And It Can Change Tons Of Other Things.To Get Tread Edit Just Go To The Tread Marks Page And Than Look Under User Made Mods And You Will Find A Link To The Site Of The Person Who Made It.

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on July 27, 2006 at 5:57 am

Lol Tread Edit?

Listen, if you realy want to mod properly, all you'll need is notepad (the softwhere that you definately have), maybe a decent image editor like psp, gimp, etc, and if you realy want then a 3D modeller like blender, or 3DSMAX (which is expensive i beleive). Changing behaviours involves creating an Addons folder in the main TM directory.

Then all you need to do is set that up like the regualr TM folder (with entities, art folders etc). Now copy the tank or weapon you want to mod, paste it in the apropriate folder in addons, and rename it. Open it in notepad and make sure that the 'type' line reads:

type = [insert file name here]

From inside this file you can change different stuff about the tank. I recomend EntEgerety for debugging. :wink:

Level 12 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 27, 2006 at 1:23 pm

I Know That You Can Edit It In The NotePad Its Just Less Hard To Do With Tread Edit PLus It Has An Option To Change THe Projectile Whech Is THe Weapon You Use.Maybe You Can Already Do This But I Am Just Saying What Tread Edit Does.

Posted on July 28, 2006 at 8:11 am

Nevermind changing what projectile it uses, you can change the projectiles themselves!!!! :wink:

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on July 28, 2006 at 8:22 am

hheellpp!! ive adjusted my tanks properties weapon wise but now i cant see the projectile what should i do what should i do! :cry:

Posted on July 29, 2006 at 10:14 am

:wink: Use ENTegrety, check that it uses a valid bitmap, check that the projectile line is right, and check the type line of the projectile

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on July 29, 2006 at 1:05 pm

Quick question blackadder did you copy the files your modifying to an addons folder... And for the projectile, it might be the type and file names aren't matching on all the weps. Or the proper texture is not selected in the ENT file...

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on July 29, 2006 at 2:47 pm

Quick question blackadder did you copy the files your modifying to an addons folder... And for the projectile, it might be the type and file names aren't matching on all the weps. Or the proper texture is not selected in the ENT file...i did put it into the addons folder but now the tread edit program has gone up the wall saying it cant find the directory so its ...

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on July 29, 2006 at 2:49 pm

also i just wanted to say this forum is better than the ta forum at ta universe there everything had to be fuyll words and no spelling mistakes ect ect ect... :) :D :D :D :D

Posted on July 30, 2006 at 3:45 am

Tip, abandon Tread edit, it sounds like its getting in the way...

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on July 30, 2006 at 5:30 am

done that but now destroyer hasnt got a barrel how can i fight without a barrel its just a tank base with a clump of metal on top

Posted on July 31, 2006 at 10:23 am

check that the mesh is valid.