Skip navigation

Uninstall Particle Fire!

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Uninstall Particle Fire!
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 25, 2006 at 10:01 am

Hile, neigbours and Friends...

I don't know how a copy of Particle Fire! is installed in my system... I'm absolutely sure I didn't install it, so I supose it came inside some other program (maybe EndTask Pro, as it's the last one I installed).

I would like to know how to uninstall this screensaver, as I don't like at all, other than I did not install it.

It is not shown in the add/remove programs, so is there any way to uninstall it? If there is none, I'll delete the logon.scr

Level 13 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 25, 2006 at 1:29 pm

Actualy Xusqui If You Have System Mechanic Installed You Can Remove It By Searching All Realted Files

Ps Just to let you know you don 't have to have sytem mechanic installl to remove that

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 25, 2006 at 2:08 pm

System Mechanic does more harm to your machine than good. Don't install it.

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 25, 2006 at 5:00 pm

I'm not sure how you could have installed Particle Fire without installing it yourself, but if you ever figure it out I'd be curious to know.

Anyway, all of our installers include an uninstaller that you can use either from Add or Remove Programs, or from the LDA Games/Particle Fire entry in your Start menu.

If those aren't there, as you say, I'd set my watch and warrant that there's a 'pfire.scr' file either in C:\Windows\system32, or C:\Program Files\LDA Games\Particle Fire. If you delete that, it should remove it from your list of screen savers.

If all you want to do is turn off the screen saver, that's pretty easy. Just right-click on an empty part of your desktop wallpaper, choose 'Properties' in the popup window, then on the 'Screen Saver' tab of the window that pops up you can select '(None)' as your screen saver.

Long says and pleasant nights.