Skip navigation

Please help if you can

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > General Chatter > Please help if you can
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 24, 2006 at 8:31 pm

Fellow rivalballers, TM'ers

As you may or may not know, In December 2002, I was diagnosed with Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis. Since then, things have progressed a little for me. The largest change having been moving from my floor job in manufacturing for a desk job. This has entailed changing from rotating day and night shift three days a week to a full time 5 day a week 8 Hour day job.

Who says it's been all bad!!!

I have also been taking part in a new drug study—for the last three years—which, hopefully, will help the newly diagnosed, as well as those still in their early stages of MS development.

I am writing to you today because on September 10th, in the Greater Toronto area, I will be taking part in the MS/Rona Toronto ride for MS, and I am hoping to entice you into pledging an amount of money for the ride, but more so, for the cause. The ride will be 50km in the heart of the city, with-hopefully-over 200 riders, trying to raise $175,000 to help in the fight to help treat this disease, and/or find a cure for it.

I have registered under my own name, and at the following web-site, you can pledge on-line.---

http://webtest.mssociety.ca/ontario/bike_toronto.htm

Hit the pledge a cyclist button, and look for Douglas Fortin--that would be me!!

or contact me through the following e-mails. Also at this web-site-the one above- is a plethora of information scattered through links, as to the benefits and support centers that will benefit from pledges you, and others like you, will make for the event.

Any pledge you are willing to make, is one pledge that will go to help further the cause myself and many others will be riding for, not only in Toronto, but country-wide.

I sincerely thank you in advance for any and all pledges you care to make. If you know of any others who may be interested in pledging for this worthy cause, please feel free to direct them to the web-site, or have them contact me directly. For that extended help, I also thank you. Every little bit counts. And we have to make it count!!

To contact me, please e-mail me at rivalball@hotmail.com

Once again, I, and all the others who are afflicted, thank you for your consideration

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 24, 2006 at 9:53 pm

website not found teulk maybe missing something check it!

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 24, 2006 at 10:06 pm

Thanks Mask--there was a period or a comma on the end of the url--not sure how it got there--should work now..
Nice catch--guess I should have previewed it myself before posting.
:oops:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 24, 2006 at 10:48 pm

ah dont worrie about :wink:
Goodluck on you journey! Stay strong teulk over here hoping for the best!

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 24, 2006 at 11:48 pm

I'm right there with you my dear friend :wink: You'll have the ride of your life! :D and what a wonderful ride it will be! God Bless and Good Luck!

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on July 25, 2006 at 10:17 am

Good luck Teulk, all my best wishes.

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on July 25, 2006 at 11:14 am

I don't have money to give... But you'll be in my prayers. Good luck and may God bless you, Teulk.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 25, 2006 at 3:15 pm

Good luck Teulk. You might want to post your name if you want people to be able to pledge, but I guess if anybody doesn't know, they can PM you.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 31, 2006 at 12:57 am

Looks Good T! No Worries on this one :wink:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on September 10, 2006 at 1:57 pm

Thanks to all for their support-- pledges and otherwise. The ride was a smashing success, completed and all!!
Up early and home by 11am---nice early day.
Weather was magnificent.
Crowd was HUGE!!
Almost tripled my goal--so I'll be looking to boost that next year!!
BE WARNED!!!!!!
Thanks again--
CHEERS!!

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 10, 2006 at 2:34 pm

Thanks to all for their support-- pledges and otherwise. The ride was a smashing success, completed and all!!
Up early and home by 11am---nice early day.
Weather was magnificent.
Crowd was HUGE!!
Almost tripled my goal--so I'll be looking to boost that next year!!
BE WARNED!!!!!!
Thanks again--
CHEERS!!

Major Congratulations! There was never any doubt in my mind :wink: WTG!!

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on September 11, 2006 at 6:16 pm

Glad to hear it went well!