Skip navigation

im new and i need help with a problem with tread marks

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > General Chatter > im new and i need help with a problem with tread marks
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 22, 2006 at 1:03 pm

I went to install tm after a long break, i installed it but when i came to play it it said could not istilize acceptable open gl rendering contects. can anyone help me?
:cry:the only thing i dont get is why it worked before but it only did this after i rebuilt.

Level 14 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on July 22, 2006 at 2:39 pm

Try installing the latest drivers on your system from the appropriate manufacturing site.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 22, 2006 at 2:43 pm

The thing is is worked before but just not now anyway ive got the basic computer so im not sure what drivers i need, the only thing i can think of is that im missing something from the game or something.

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 23, 2006 at 1:14 am

Check and see if you can get an updated video driver from the manufacturer of your system.

If it's integrated video, that will be your only option unless you can figure out which video manufacturer made the chip your motherboard is using.

If you have a video card that is mounted in one of the slots (PCI, AGP, or PCI Express), then you should be able to find the manufacturer and card model on the card itself.

With this information in mind, you should be able to go out that manufacturer's site and get video drivers.

If it ran before, you can always try reinstalling the game.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 23, 2006 at 1:07 pm

its fixed yes :P :twisted: :twisted:

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 26, 2007 at 5:00 pm

For posterity, I've added a full answer to this most frequently asked FAQ on the Tread Marks support page.