Skip navigation

We still use TMapper for Maps?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > We still use TMapper for Maps?
Pages 1 2
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on July 22, 2006 at 8:57 am

Hey, do we still use TMapper for maps? I never did quite get the hang of the greyscale thing. Anyone care to give me a quick run down on it? Also how we were able to make poison water...etc?

(playing around with sumo wrestling again)

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Posted on July 22, 2006 at 10:02 am

Basically, you must create an image. A sort of birds-eye veiw thing, where black is the lowest tm can do, and white is the highest. All the shades between are different heights, going from white(highest) to black(lowest).

The picture must be on one of a few different scale options. I think acid water was made by making spewers for some sort of invisible projectiles that sit in the water.
:wink:

Level 13 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 22, 2006 at 2:13 pm

The Only Place I Know You Can Download TMapper Is qersys Because The Site That Orginaly Had TMapper Was (the homepage) And You Can' t Connect To There For Some Reason. To Download Anything From qersys You Have To Register There To Download It. Plus I Have No Idea How To Get TMapper To Work.

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 22, 2006 at 2:59 pm

Well, you can get TMapper from me id be glad to host it on my server but i think RC has it on his site. I'm to lazy to find the link for you right now. To use tmapper you have to go into the tmapperfiles folder in the tmapper folder to find the tmapper.bat file open it and it will ask you where your default install of TM is and you tell it by selecting the TM.exe and boom your done. Ready to make maps. Any thing else?

Posted on July 22, 2006 at 3:15 pm

I Think There Is Somthing Wrong With My TMapper All It Does Bring Up the NotePad And Says @cd TMapperfiles
@..\bin\javaw -cp . -jar TMapper.jar

Thats It I Have No Idea How To Use It????

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 22, 2006 at 4:32 pm

What you are doing is trying to edit the bat file and you dont want to do that.
You should be able to right click on the tmapper.bat file and select open.

Posted on July 22, 2006 at 4:43 pm

I Still Can' t Get It To Work It Shows Open Command But It Only Goes To The Notepad But I Know It Shuldn 't Open It In The Notepad Because It Is A .Bat Not A .Txt

Level 14 Human Sr Code Monkey
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on July 22, 2006 at 4:48 pm

open up a command prompt and try running the (da nah nah nah nah nah nah nah) bat file from there like:

call thebatfile.bat

replace thebatfile.bat with whatever the name of the bat file you are trying to run. And be sure to be in the same directory as the bat file.

Seems like someone set notepad as the default program to handle any file with the bat extension.

Posted on July 22, 2006 at 6:15 pm

Thanks KiLlEr I Will Try That.

But I Wonder How It Always Uses This Bat. File With The Notepad????????

Posted on July 22, 2006 at 6:35 pm

Thanks KiLlEr It Worked!!!

Level 14 Human bookkeeper
Posted on July 23, 2006 at 2:37 am
Posted on July 23, 2006 at 2:49 am

Thanks Anyway Harmless But I Allready Have TMapper.And The Problem Has Been Fixed.

Level 14 Human pita
Posted on July 23, 2006 at 12:04 pm

Any info on Tmapper can be found here for now:

http://www.tmvr.de/yabbse/index.php?board=5.0

It look like Dreamer will be deleting the site soon

I sent Dreamer an email to see if he would let me add the Tmapper board to my forum as a read only archive. He has not responded so I guess the answer was no or he never got the email.

Anyone who needs info on Tmapper had better go to his site and do some reading soon.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 23, 2006 at 12:21 pm

I had googled and found TMapper off dreamers site. Alright, so I'm kind of getting the hang of this...etc, but now I'm wondering how you make greyscale maps your doing look good. So far I've only been able to do crud shapes...etc What if I want a landscape to have hills...etc? Is there any good trick to getting it to look good? (I've blurred what I have so that gets rid of sharp corners).

Also, figured out the poison water thing. It involves changing the dust spawned from the tank when its in water. Quite cool. I just changed Coax and I's Sumo Wrestling map to zap people with the shadow keeper once they fall into the water. w00t!

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 23, 2006 at 1:11 pm

Well, good map making comes with skill and time i guess... im not really that good at it but one thing i do know is random is good. Try and make a bunch of noise in grayscale blur it a bit and then make more noise and blur that. Like this...

Have any other questions just ask.

Level 14 Human pita
Posted on July 23, 2006 at 1:12 pm

You can use some sort of seamless texture program to render a tile then all you have to do is enlarge it to the desired size, edit it and then convert it to a greyscale image before importing it into tmapper. Try Reptile, Gentex or Texturizer.

These do not give you alot of control over output but you can always edit things in or out before you import to tmapper

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 23, 2006 at 1:20 pm

Here is an example of what i did with the noise thingy... i also used a median filter to flaten things out. This is the height map of my latest map DM Lake Ridges which can be found here. [url]http://nemesis.tippy.name/DMLR/DMlakeRidges.zip</a>
Here is what the hight map looks like.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on July 23, 2006 at 2:45 pm

I had googled and found TMapper off dreamers site. Alright, so I'm kind of getting the hang of this...etc, but now I'm wondering how you make greyscale maps your doing look good. So far I've only been able to do crud shapes...etc What if I want a landscape to have hills...etc? Is there any good trick to getting it to look good? (I've blurred what I have so that gets rid of sharp corners).

Also, figured out the poison water thing. It involves changing the dust spawned from the tank when its in water. Quite cool. I just changed Coax and I's Sumo Wrestling map to zap people with the shadow keeper once they fall into the water. w00t!

FYI, my site is now the official host. Dreamer has stopped supporting it. In fact, I'm surprised you found it there. He told me he was redoing his server and it would vanish.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 26, 2006 at 8:43 am

All hail google!
Does anybody have a copy of texturizer? I have no clue where mine went...

Posted on July 26, 2006 at 3:14 pm

Goooood Luck Finding Another Copy Of That Your Lucky To Even Seen What The Texturizer Looked Like.

Pages 1 2