Skip navigation

Mice for RB and RBT?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Arcade Games > Mice for RB and RBT?
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 19, 2006 at 4:01 am

So what's everyone using?
My current mouse is a MS IntelliMouse Optical 5-button and want to upgrade.

I don't want a mine's better than yours response or anything stupid.

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 19, 2006 at 3:19 pm

I'm pretty loyal to Logitech. I've got a G7 now, and I love it. Particularly the fast-swap battery packs which mean that I never have to worry about whether I've got a AA charged and ready if I run out of batteries.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 19, 2006 at 5:34 pm

actually i purchased Wireless MS Laser 6000 two weeks ago, and i tell ya this mouse is da bomb and a long jump from the ball mouse ive been using for years.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 19, 2006 at 9:40 pm

ah i tryed those wireless mouses not as accurate as a wire mouse in my eyes. i use a plain old logitech optical mouse accurate as all hell! 8)

Posted on July 19, 2006 at 9:44 pm

When was the last time you tried a wireless mouse? The lag and accuracy problems have pretty much disappeared in the last few years.

I like not having the drag that the mouse cord causes.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 19, 2006 at 9:52 pm

almost 2 years ive got a 6 button mi micro invonations collecting dust on the shelf lol but with the batterys the thing it is so heavy. i dont like the cord myself but the logitech is much better!

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on July 19, 2006 at 10:51 pm

I have a simple optical mouse... 2 buttons an a wheel. That's pretty much all I need to have fun with a computer. ^_^

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 20, 2006 at 7:30 am

The Microsoft Trackball Explorer is Awesome. Precise.

Posted on July 20, 2006 at 3:33 pm

I used to be all over trackballs, but they sort of became awkward to use when I started using normal mice all day at college; I have one of these (which I affectionately referred to as the beaver with a tumour ). Trackballs were nice and easy to clean back when they were one of the first optical devices, but with optical mice where you don't have any contact points to clean at all, it's sort of moot. I also always found trackballs to be awkward whenever I tried to play an FPS. (It wasn't a very big problem, because I was kind of bored with FPS games at the time.)

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on July 21, 2006 at 6:13 am

O the never ending quest for the ultimate mouse...and i've spent a small fortune on my personal collection...from Microsoft optical, laser etc etc etc, Logitech MX510, Logitech MX1000, Genius, you name it i've tried it and my wall has worn most of them as testimony to the BS from the salesman and the Blurb on the front of the package....promises promises!!!.....But finally i have found the the perfect mouse for me....the super-slick little Belkin, 1,500 frames per second (and apparently! they'll even work on bare skin mmmmm)....... http://www.kvms.com/products/F8E882-OPT.asp ...cheap as they come and guaranteed to last a lifetime (providing you don't beat them to death from RBT rage) my second Belkin has survived so far!...and i never use mouse pads, can't stand them

.....Ckit, have you got a Belkin yet?!?!?!...come on man!!! :D

.......and Mr Bear, that is lovely lovely avatar :)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 21, 2006 at 11:24 am

Yes, Disko.
I'm looking into it... for the hundredth time! :)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 21, 2006 at 4:13 pm

.......and Mr Bear, that is lovely lovely avatar :)Funny you should mention that, a good friend of mine gave it to me. I wonder if there is fish in that lake?!

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 25, 2006 at 9:29 pm

I just order a Logitech G3 from Umart, I'll report back when I have it along with the new system.