Skip navigation

Sunday 7/16, Fun DDM 8 EDT/5 PDT/12 GMT

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Sunday 7/16, Fun DDM 8 EDT/5 PDT/12 GMT
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on July 15, 2006 at 3:43 pm

By request, the stock ctf server has been modified to make things a little more interesting.

Server: Fun CTF
Mods: 25 AI set to full intelligence, all on one team.

Humans vs. AI

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 15, 2006 at 6:09 pm

ohh that do sound interesting.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 16, 2006 at 2:35 pm

Is the CTF working? I noticed the AIs can grab their own flag....
Still fun though, thanks :wink:

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on July 16, 2006 at 6:47 pm

I think everything is working correctly. I tried playing by myself and waited for a new round to start.

I had AI coming at me from at least 5 different directions.
They took my flag very quickly, but then seemed to get lost and never tried to score.
The AI chased me with everything they had, and many killed each other in the process.
I couldn't find the AI flag.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 17, 2006 at 1:40 am

I think everything is working correctly. I tried playing by myself and waited for a new round to start.

I had AI coming at me from at least 5 different directions.
They took my flag very quickly, but then seemed to get lost and never tried to score.
The AI chased me with everything they had, and many killed each other in the process.
I couldn't find the AI flag.

I played on my own too...same situation with me...I didn't even know where my flag was it never shown on the map o_O

Level 14 Human bookkeeper
Posted on July 17, 2006 at 2:30 am

that's because the ai's were on the red team, and there were only blue and black flags. so the ai's would come and take both flags but had no home base of their own to deliver the captured flags.

what would have worked very well would be to have all of the ai's on the black team. with ctf, anyone joining is assigned to the blue team until there is equal numbers on both sides. so all humans joining would be automatically on the blue team.

i would really like to see this again, but with all ai's assigned to the black team. then that would be very interesting.

rc and i had a good time, though it was basically just a frag fest since the ai's always had the flags with no place to go.

:)

Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 17, 2006 at 7:43 am

Yep. It was really fun if you got the nuke :D

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 17, 2006 at 12:59 pm

I played it again last night about 10:30pm but no one was there... I barely won... but I can't reach the frag limit...

That will explain Harmless, I thought there was something funny about those AI's just driving around...

Cobra put a server about 2 weeks ago, same concept but normal battle (2 teams) also fun! (AIs were slower though)

I'd like to see it again, and with the proper teams.... this is very challenging and a blast :twisted: I like the normal speed for the AI's too!!! at first I thought it was too hard but now I can't get enough of it :twisted:

Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 18, 2006 at 7:26 pm

I call for the next choice of fun DDM:

Standard server with all TM1.5 added weapon tracking changes turned off (basically TM 1.0/Classic projectile stats). I don't care about the rest, I just want tracking gone on the weapons that aren't supposed to have it :)

Random map rotation. All maps except Luge, Tron, Random Access, and Moon (I'd like to keep my eyes and mind intact :D). If there are any mind-killing maps I missed, please add them.

--RC