Skip navigation

Mini Addons Database Discussion Part 1

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Mini Addons Database Discussion Part 1
Pages 1 2 3
Level 13 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on July 2, 2006 at 10:33 am

This topic is for those wishing to discuss this database or it's topics. Those wishing to post addons should do so here.

Level 13 Human wizard
Posted on July 3, 2006 at 10:58 am

All of my mods can be found here: http://treadmarks.vorklift.com/tm_download.php?id=21&aid=1

They include:

Color laser pack - replaces default laser with 6 random lasers of each color, with total weight of the combined lasers equal to the normal laser.

Crater nuke - modifies the default nuke to create a crater rim when it goes off to better simulate reality.

EMP - A simple (though sometimes buggy) weapon that creates an attack wave centered around your tank.

Kangaroo Mines - Hop hop! In come the mines. Quite overpowered, but fun.

MIRV Missile - Technology test to prove MIRV missiles were possible. See A2597's MIRVs of Steel and General Moltek's DAS Mirv as a better incarnations of the technology.

Mosquito Launcher - Get stung to death! (Note, weight of this weapon is set to high. You'll need to lower it for it to be fair.)

Plasma Pulser - Little balls of plasma shooting at you. Rapidly. Very rapidly. They don't do a lot of damage, but they sure shoot fast. Think plasma-disk launching machine gun.

Random Weapon - A technology test demonstrating that a random weapon generator is possible to make. This one links to the default weapons.

Sheep Mines - Like the Kangaroo mines, but they go BAH!

Tree Strike - Ever wanted to populate a forest? Well, this is the weapon for you!

Black Window Tank - A spider tank.

Liquid Tank Pack - Want some new skins for your liquid tanks? Server Side Only technology, so it's safe for hosts to have. There are also a few modified tanks (changes to friction and gravity only).

CTF Acid Moat / CTF Poison / CTF Volcanic Isle - These maps have water that kills you. CTF Posion was the technology test map. Acid Moat and Volcanic Isle were follow ups. Volcanic Isle is a 3-team CTF map. The others are 2-team maps.

Other CTF Maps - Galaxy is hard to play. Spiral can be difficult to win. Pyramids is based off of Mayan pyramids, also see in the DM map Mayan. Ring and Pyramids are 4-team maps.

DM Maps - Basin is fun to play, from experience. CTF Caves was a technology test map designed to simulate an underground cavern. It mostly works, though there are still bugs with some of the spewers. Mayan and Mt St Helens are ordinary maps.

Enjoy!

RC

(Need to get another 10 or so maps I've finished uploaded sometime)

Dang, that's alot of addons! You've done one of the hardest things I've seen so far.

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 5, 2006 at 1:11 pm

Does any body have any loose ideas for Treadmarks as a tank or weapon. You should post them here so we can make them. Map ideas are welcome as well.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 5, 2006 at 3:16 pm

please I am out of ideas :(

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on July 5, 2006 at 11:50 pm

Hammers as little itty bitty ammo t hat goes 5 feet infront of you and falls down. If it hits a tank, it causes damage. ^_^
*Random Comment: I stepped on a piece of cereal! I'm a cereal killer!*

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on July 6, 2006 at 10:27 am

Um, I tried to creat an airstrike map a while ago.
I suck at maps though.

I thought maybee a flatish map, maybe a kinda figure of 8 track. With valleys on either side. When you're there, there are bombs falling randomly :P

Level 13 Human wizard
Posted on July 18, 2006 at 8:11 pm

A new version of the Wave - Motion Laser Pack, has been released. This new version adds a new weapon to the game, as well as fix all the other weapons.

Check here, or discuss in this thread.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 19, 2006 at 12:34 am

gotta check that... any pics?

Does any body have any loose ideas for Treadmarks as a tank or weapon. You should post them here so we can make them. Map ideas are welcome as well.

hmmmm how about:

- mass chaos (aims like a mass driver but hits target with 20ammo of shadow)

- nuke that shoots straight up and comes back down 4 seconds later

- a volcano that erupts plasma balls, or gas balls or mrls

- grenades that bounce very fast for 100 metters, stops and explodes like a nuke

- nukes that makes a hole with acid water

- ramdrill that chases like a missile to near targets

- A magnet ball that attracts metal tanks (takes health while being pulled...)

- plasma balls that rotate around own tank (hits others while doing it)

- ice-water thrower that changes into ice on terrain, slips tanks but also burn them (acid ice)

- a plasma ball that throws a spawn point which takes you to another spawn point (a portal)

- a gas tank that goes to the most populated area in the map and explodes into 20 plasma balls across the map

- an arm that lets you swing at other tanks that takes 50% health off

- a pill that makes the tank 3 times bigger and lets you drive on top of others (instant death) for 10 seconds...

:?:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 19, 2006 at 12:52 am

mass chaos (aims like a mass driver but hits target with 20ammo of shadow)

Possible and straight forward.

nuke that shoots straight up and comes back down 4 seconds later

a volcano that erupts plasma balls, or gas balls or mrls

Chalenging but possible. I think back in the day jVortex made a Volcano weapon. I dont know if it ever was finished.'LAggy

grenades that bounce very fast for 100 metters, stops and explodes like a nuke

nukes that makes a hole with acid water

Chalenging but possible and i would imagin laggy.

ramdrill that chases like a missile to near targets

A magnet ball that attracts metal tanks (takes health while being pulled...)

I dont think this is possible.

plasma balls that rotate around own tank (hits others while doing it)

This might be posible.

ice-water thrower that changes into ice on terrain, slips tanks but also burn them

not possible

a plasma ball that throws a spawn point which takes you to another spawn point (a portal)

only in dreams

a gas tank that goes to the most populated area in the map and explodes into 20 plasma balls across the map

in all our DM dreams

an arm that lets you swing at other tanks that takes 50% health off

Odd but possible

a pill that makes the tank 3 times bigger and lets you drive on top of others (instant death) for 10 seconds...

Odd but possible

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 19, 2006 at 1:12 am

how is that pill thing possible? that metal ball thing is possible my gravitycharge is similar to it, but it will pull in all tanks (explosions can do it, however any tank on the other side of the explosion would be repelled)

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 19, 2006 at 1:19 am

The tank thing is hard to explain but basicly its a big mesh of a tank that covers the entire tank. Yes explosions would kinda work. They toss and turn the tanks alot but it works.Its not perfect thought. There are two shield generators that do this. One of them is mine.(it weas one of my firsts)

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 19, 2006 at 1:39 am

my gravitational thingy hit everyone :D

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 19, 2006 at 1:42 am

I call the mass chaos

Level 13 Human wizard
Posted on July 19, 2006 at 8:21 am

gotta check that... any pics?

No pictures or screenshots available, but this is what this discussion thread is for.

Posted on July 19, 2006 at 11:46 am

Quote:
an arm that lets you swing at other tanks that takes 50% health off

Odd but possible

^ this is possible?

( Then again thinking about it, you could have a large mesh for a weapon that atatches to a tank, then the firing location on it is on the end and projectiles have small enough damage radius and explode imediately so that if you hold fire and touch someone with it they would be hurt.....)

(^ not doing it though :lol: )

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 19, 2006 at 12:20 pm

that is what i was thinking. It would act alot like a ram drill.

Posted on July 19, 2006 at 5:39 pm

indeed, I guess it would have to go up and over a bit, then come back down....like a turnable ramdrill with a bigger range...Now that would be interesting. In fact, I WOULD like to have a go, but I dunno if I'd be good enough, and I definately couldn't make a mesh for it. :shock:

Level 13 Human wizard
Posted on July 19, 2006 at 8:13 pm

More weapons inside the Wave - Motion Laser Pack has came for a pre-beta.

Added - Double Wave - Motion Laser
Added - Triple Wave - Motion Laser
Fixed - Vulcan Wave - Motion Laser

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 20, 2006 at 12:33 am

Id be glad to help but im in the middle of this dragon you see... :wink:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 20, 2006 at 12:39 am

I finished that mass chaos thing...pab if you want to try it to see if it works the way you wanted it to just ask ;)

Pages 1 2 3