Skip navigation

Blender Q's

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Blender Q's
Pages 1 2
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on June 25, 2006 at 5:49 pm

waaaaaaaah I can't make my shuriken then :( or maybe I can...

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on June 26, 2006 at 10:39 am

wow, I guess I could take a try at that, but what do you mean about facing the wrong way

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on June 26, 2006 at 1:11 pm

my shuriken looks nothing like a shuriken...it has a square hole and everything...oh well I guess I have to go with what I got

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on June 26, 2006 at 5:32 pm

Okay, lots of questions on the docket.

The link I gave in my last post was the .blend file which you should be able to open in Blender.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but my shuriken is somewhat high poly is you intend to use it in a mod.

As far as the boolean operation goes, you have to make sure you created the cutting object in object mode. When you hit the Tab key, you'll switch between a mode where you can edit the vertices of individual objects and where you can edit entire objects. If you create the cutting object in the vertex editing mode, then Blender thinks it's one object.

You select multiple objects by shift-right clicking.

In Tread Marks, all polygons only have one side. This means that you can see the poly from the front, but it's invisible from the back. You can turn off double sided polys in Blender by going into the Editing mode (F9) and un-selecting the Double Sided button in the bottom-right hand side of the Mesh tab. Now, any polys which are backwards will appear perfectly black from the backside. You can flip the polys by selecting all the vertices for the face, and then choosing Edit->Normals->Flip.

You can make sure you only have triangles by going into edit mode, selecting all of the vertices (you can box select by hitting the B button) and then selecting Edit->Faces->Convert to Triangles.

Finally, you might be interested in perusing Blender 3D: Noob to Pro.

Posted on June 27, 2006 at 10:26 am

Thanks rick, I'll take a look at my mesh and ajust :D

I can't be bothered to read that thing though cause I'm currently learning flash :? :oops: :shock:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on June 27, 2006 at 7:34 pm

the only problem is getting the meshes to show up

Posted on June 30, 2006 at 10:34 am

Ok, problem. When I try to export a mesh I get something like: Viper script error, or summat like that. then when I use that mesh in tm, of course it doewn't work :?

Pages 1 2