Skip navigation

boomstickjoes.com moved

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > boomstickjoes.com moved
Level 13 Human Sr Code Monkey
Alignment: Chaotic
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on June 16, 2006 at 7:30 pm

My website is in the process of moving. After years of being at LunarPgaes, I now have my own webserver and will be hosting my site from there.

The new url is:

http://treadmarks.omnilinkavstudios.com/

The old url will work as soon as I'm done transfering the domain name and tying it in.

Level 16 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on June 16, 2006 at 7:49 pm

cool. :)

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on June 16, 2006 at 7:55 pm

come to think of it I have never been to boomstick joe's

Level 13 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on June 16, 2006 at 9:50 pm

Tanks, Killer! :)

Posted on June 16, 2006 at 10:53 pm

No problem, I'll fix the little bugs in due time. I just posted a new version of TeamCTF which now looks to the new site for rules updates and player built tanks.

Unfortunatly LunarPages are being jerks about my domain name. They're not letting it go, so I'll have to fix up my applications that use my site's webservices. My work is never done. LOL

Posted on June 18, 2006 at 12:58 am

Downloads are now working again.

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Posted on June 18, 2006 at 3:57 am

I'll take a look at that.

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on June 21, 2006 at 2:16 am

So, I see my logon doesn't work any more, I'm not asking about TMLogScan, I know that went the way of the Carrier Pigeon.

What's up with the Domain name? If you paid for it, they can't hold it, go to netsol and transfer it to them. VeriSign treats you pretty good.

If you can get control, I can probably host your domain on two or three servers for a nominal charge. Like a flat fee per year, not the rediculous 25.00 per change crap that ISPs rape people for.

Let me know.

Posted on June 21, 2006 at 9:30 am

Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it if my server isn't working out. :)

My domain name issues are finally sorted out. Apparently there was a glitch when it was transfered, which prevented the redirector from working. Clearing out the dns entries and redoing them fixed the issue.
The second part of the issue was that the admin didn't realize that I had payed up for the domain name out to 2010. He was under the impression that it was a freebee domain name they've been giving out to new accounts. They didn't offer this when I originally joined up. A quick email to the head admin (the guy was the one and only admin at the time I signed up, and I helped out with apache compiling issues) fixed that.

The database on the new server is an older backup, unfortunately. One of the reasons why I decided to kill the account at LunarPages was because of my databases constantly getting screwed up from the constant upgrades. The performance of that webserver was abysmal in recent times. After the last database crash, I gave up on them. I wasn't able to get a decent backup because of this.

The new site is on my personal webserver runnning in my basement. It's on a slower connection, but I modified my download script to redirect you to the optonline webserver (450mb storage, plain html only) which is acting as my file repository. At least downloading files will be fast. :)