Skip navigation

Shouldn't TreadMarks be on the 360...?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Shouldn't TreadMarks be on the 360...?
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on June 6, 2006 at 6:31 pm

I mean seriously, treadmarks is a great game and with the power of the 360 it would have the potential of being an amazing or basically better than it already is. I've always thought that it needed to be on a counsel and for a while it seemed as if it was going to happen with the PS2 but it never happened for some reason. Lack of funds?

I known that LDA is sort of this family business but at the same time that doesn't mean it can't grow.

I can seriously already see the possibilities of endless gameplay, esp. on Live. This game would definatly be a reason to buy the 360.

Also games like;: dx-ball, rival ball, triangle trifle and tiger's bane would make great Xbox Live Arcade Games.

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on June 6, 2006 at 10:10 pm

I agree with you, but you do have to realize, Xbox360 coding and PC coding is probably different; probably hard to switch from platform to platform without adequate resources. I still would love to see something like that happen, but the chances of it being real imho seems very slim.

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on June 7, 2006 at 2:36 pm

I cannot imagine being able to mod using a controller like that, especially images, and of course if the graphics were improved, out mods would look real crappy.

Nice idea though...

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on June 7, 2006 at 6:09 pm

hello, the xbox has more then enough capibilities, and besides. The xbox has full keyboard support now with it's latest update. And most gamers arnt going to mod anyway.

Plus, with vista comming out, one would be able to create the mods on there system and play them on their xbox.

Level 13 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on June 7, 2006 at 6:56 pm

I might point out that a convesion isn't as easy as you think.

Treadmarks is coded in the OpenGL 3d graphics controls. MS Xbox uses MS's proprietary DirectX. That means a complete recode of the 3d graphics part of Treadmarks.

Level 13 Human Sr Code Monkey
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on June 7, 2006 at 7:37 pm

Plus, with vista comming out, one would be able to create the mods on there system and play them on their xbox.

Dude, You'll grow a long grey beard before Vista is out.

And an even longer beard until proper driver support is availible.

Level 13 Human Shadow
Posted on June 7, 2006 at 10:58 pm

Win XP 64bit drivers still don't exist for most things. And it's been out for what, 2 years? Furthermore, Vista is planning to require MS certified drivers, which means there will no longer be such a thing as 3rd party drivers. If the device manufacture doesn't make a driver (and certify it), it won't install. Thanks, MS, for completely screwing everyone over...

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on June 8, 2006 at 1:05 am

Win XP 64bit drivers still don't exist for most things. And it's been out for what, 2 years? Furthermore, Vista is planning to require MS certified drivers, which means there will no longer be such a thing as 3rd party drivers. If the device manufacture doesn't make a driver (and certify it), it won't install. Thanks, MS, for completely screwing everyone over...

:shock:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on June 8, 2006 at 1:19 am

It's proof that Microsoft is trying to take over the world... sigh.

Posted on June 9, 2006 at 10:20 am

There are also rumors that MS plans to charge subscription fees for vista.
And my problem that player created sprite images will not match up to game graphics is still unsolved. :(

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on June 9, 2006 at 11:38 am

2ndself: Do you mean the program Flex-n-Go? If it is, don't worry about it because that program is meant for developing countries, so they pay less for a computer and then pay for how much time they spend on it.

Posted on June 10, 2006 at 4:01 am

Never heared of that Jujaga, but it sounds...odd. :shock:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on June 10, 2006 at 11:43 am

It's another thing whipped up by Microsoft, the ebil that wants to rule this planet... yes, it's pure ebil... EBIL!!!

Posted on June 10, 2006 at 1:48 pm

Wow, that is Ebil ... :?

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on June 10, 2006 at 3:33 pm

Ebil=Evil

Posted on June 11, 2006 at 4:06 am

I guessed :lol:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on June 28, 2006 at 2:14 pm

It won't be that long, and besides I remember LDA talking about implamenting a new graphics engine a while ago anyway, and though it may not be easy, alot of things arn't easy, but people manage to figure a way anyway. I think if some initiative was taken, we could have had something done by now.

Also, they as in LDA had mention in the past about bringing the game to a console and that was like 3-4 yrs ago? Wheres my game?

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on June 28, 2006 at 5:29 pm

That project was cancelled long ago.

Posted on June 29, 2006 at 10:41 am

LDA is quite a small company sage, they have to consider their funding before making any big moves, I realy hope the new game pulls through for you guys Rick. :wink: