Skip navigation

Just a thought

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > General Chatter > Just a thought
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on May 30, 2006 at 11:29 pm

After several complaints by different players on RB concerning rank #1... I thought it may be a good idea to take a poll to see how many agree that there should be limited time that one can hold the number1 rank.
Maybe 3 months? Not too sure on that one. Suggestions would help.

So, I would like to make a poll...The problem is, is that I have no clue how do this lol. So I am asking for help...Can someone please show me how this is done? I sure would appreciate it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. :wink:

Thanks,
Sunny :)

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on May 31, 2006 at 1:08 am

Definition of fair to be free from injustice ...it would be both an injustice and unfair,to take mazda's rank away from him..unless it was taken away by someone good enough(or with enough time)..i strongly suggest no leave it as is lda :idea:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on May 31, 2006 at 1:23 am

Well Cuzz, many disagree.....so I'm going to forge on. Boytoy has waited way to long, as other's have to move up in rank. It's not fair to the other player's....One shouldn't be allowed to hold that rank forever... :wink:

[b]Let's keep it moving!

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on May 31, 2006 at 7:38 am

I think the real issue here isn't who holds these rankings but how they got there and how they maintain them. In other words, bar the cheaters. :x

Level 14 Human pita
Posted on May 31, 2006 at 8:33 am

http://www.ldagames.com/forums/faq.php#17

is in the FAQ

edit the first post of this thread and you should see the option to make a poll

Level 14 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on May 31, 2006 at 12:23 pm

I think it is unfair to have a single overlord all the time, but meanwhile it is also unfair to take a title away from someone who has earned it, and has not had another better them.

It is also important to make sure cheaters do not reach the top. :wink:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on May 31, 2006 at 2:29 pm

I do agree with Game Programmer and 2ndSelf insofar as cheating is concerned. However, to be able to prove or accuse someone of cheating is a whole other ball game. That could become very messy as I'm sure you'll all agree. That decision would undoubtedly have to come from LDA.

I just thought and agreed with other players on RB concerning the # 1 rank title, that there could be a fair way accomplish this...

But as I said, It was just a thought of not only myself but other players as well. I only agreed to bring it to the table so to speak.

As I'm sure you are all aware of, this suggestion would have to be approved by LDA in the long run.

The idea of the poll was just to see how many players do agree on a time frame so that all players would have the opportunity to reach the number 1 spot.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on May 31, 2006 at 3:04 pm

I think the real issue here isn't who holds these rankings but how they got there and how they maintain them. In other words, bar the cheaters. :x couldnt agree more!

Level 14 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on May 31, 2006 at 5:32 pm

I think the real issue here isn't who holds these rankings but how they got there and how they maintain them. In other words, bar the cheaters. :x couldnt agree more!

Ditto...

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on May 31, 2006 at 5:54 pm

Sunny why dont you just make a game room :idea: you can put one up yourself or someone else could! you can have it up and running from time to time. just post when your having the room up and this way players who want to prove themselves can do it there! you can erase the room at anytime you see fit and start a new one!
its just a suggestion. 8)

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on June 1, 2006 at 10:25 am

OK here it is, my veiw on this,
Thank you Sunny for considering me in this, but Mazda is in 1st place and it is his decission.
I have been 1st three time since this game began, and had a blast doing it each and every time!! I have met many worthy apponents along the way. I chose to stay in first for a while and then start again and see who could beat me!! That was half the fun! But that was my choice.
How some one gets to first is another matter. You can play fair, or you can cheat your way to the top. If we have proof that someone cheated then we can speak to LDA and have them thrown back to the start, If we have no proof then only god can judge.
I will say this, I have played Mazda many times, and many times Mazda has kicked my ass!! I have won as well of course, but He is a tough apponent! He does have 1st place, and the choice is his.
I think its just about time for Boytoy to start over again, so if mazda would like, we could start a new Challenge!! Just a thought.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on June 2, 2006 at 12:00 am

Great Thought! Case Closed.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on June 3, 2006 at 6:57 pm

just to let a few peeps know that ive deleted my name in RB and RBT. That name will no longer been seen! i have nothing to prove there i just came and played for fun i was rank 14th in rb and 2nd in RBT but thats not why i play! ill be stopping around once in awhile for fun if any would like to play! was a great ride Magnetic/Boytoy and everyone else who had fun playing also! :P
...ill be back... ive got a few other names to use :wink: