Skip navigation

Anybody?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Anybody?
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on May 26, 2006 at 9:49 am

Yeah anybody, wanna work on a mod pack with me? I feel like modding because I've been out of the game so long. And I feel like working with someone for some, 'fresh' ideas seeing as I'm getting slightly repetitive with my more recent mods.

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on May 26, 2006 at 10:27 am

I too could use some ideas, though I am currently in a blank spot, I would be glad to help.

Usualy I think of ideas when I cannot play the game, like on holliday. :D

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on May 26, 2006 at 5:10 pm

tell me when you build your last nova 2ndself I have an idea to use all of them...

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on May 26, 2006 at 5:52 pm

Alright so both of you wanna work on a pack with me? Because I got a few mods working already. But If you're work on a pack with me you need msn messenger so we can commuinicate faster.

Level 13 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on May 26, 2006 at 7:15 pm

Hmm... this challenges TextChat, an already implemented feature on my site. What will the name of the mod be? I'll create a channel for that mod.

And once you get the mod done, I may be able to host it if I have enough tonnage and bandwidth for it.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on May 26, 2006 at 7:35 pm

Ahhh! I might be able to help with some schtuff here indirectly.

I'm currently caught up in an internship, but coming this august, I hope to make a new tank and skin it or something. (there goes the surprise... blah!)

On to what I can help with at least... if you want to edit documents together, there's a couple good apps I can recommend:

Moonedit
which allows you to edit one document at a time per window, but you can actually do some zany stuff with it, including a editting history and adding music (Don't ask... just read the site... it's hilarious!)

and Gobby
More industrial kinda strength, it does a lot more. I think it has syntax highlighting (which can be reprogrammed to text highlight ent files... or at least I'm pretty sure it can be) and allows you to have tabbed several documents. It also has a separate chat window for when you wish to discuss off hand and without editting the file... something that moonedit lacks.

The issue is of course that moonedit allows you to have a public server that is easy to connect to. Gobby, I believe, requires an IP address and once you disconnect, the file won't stay online anywhere... it just goes poof. With moonedit, you can have a persistent file, so if several people want to edit the file at different times from different computers, moonedit is teh shiznit!

Also, if you really really have something complicated to discuss, you can try out both Verse server on blender (I believe blender comes with verse already compiled in now that it's rather stable. It allows peeps to edit 3d models collaboratively in real-time as well as paint on meshes in real-time using gimp, all over the internet with lag normally around 3 to 5 seconds, I thought... but it may be a lot longer because I doubt they really tested that figure a lot) and concept mapper (allows you to discuss concepts and flow charts of varying complexities in order to grapple difficult thoughts/ideas/theories/etc. such as why women are so evil or if a swallow can carry a coconut)

All of these dudes are free and can really really (REALLY) come in handy for when AIM or msn just won't cut it.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on May 26, 2006 at 7:55 pm

Thanks guys, I hope this pack'll be great.

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on May 26, 2006 at 10:58 pm

Well whenever this modification pack is completed, let me know. I can always host it on the clan modifications database. ^_^

Posted on May 27, 2006 at 12:17 pm

tell me when you build your last nova 2ndself I have an idea to use all of them...

Dennis, I plan to use up every letter of the greek alphabet, when I'v done this. I will then release all the nova's in one big pack, some of which won't have been previously released. :D

Tank Target, I'll see if I can get msn, I've just made a weapon which we can use here if you like, and a tank (more sophisticatidly skinned than my previous ones :D). Also, thinking of novas, I could make one that would be exclusive to this pack until I finnish the set, which would be in the far far future. But I'd have to work on an good idea for a nova, rather than a sorta rushed job like the Epsilon. :roll:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on May 27, 2006 at 1:01 pm

Yeah, I got a few toys in that no one has seen. And 2ndself I do hope you get msnm.

Posted on May 27, 2006 at 1:38 pm

Um...oh yeah, have you got a link for that? :lol:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on May 27, 2006 at 1:43 pm

For what? Mods or messenger? For msn try... www.msn.com. For the mods, well you'll have to wait.

Posted on May 28, 2006 at 5:27 am

msn, I'll get right on it...

edit: uh, the dot after your link stops it working :wink: I took it out myself thoguh.

edit II: Ok you can contact me under the name Cuddly Lizard, email is tayld001@______

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on May 28, 2006 at 11:11 am

All righty, I'm jptegart@hotmail.com. I'll add you to my contacts list

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on May 28, 2006 at 11:33 am

It would be wise if you two edited your posts... a rule of thumb these days is to never type your full email address in a public area... you may end up getting more spam because there are always email sniffers running around the net.

Posted on May 28, 2006 at 1:07 pm

Done. :D

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on May 28, 2006 at 3:37 pm

that is good. One thing is that if I really need to post your email, do it like blah*at*blah*dot*com. That way, bots can't recognize it, yet you can still get the email across.

Posted on May 29, 2006 at 8:49 am

lol good idea

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on May 29, 2006 at 3:59 pm

i sketch and concept alot, so if your looking for ideas id be glad to like draw
a bunch of ideas of liquids and tanks. or anything else youd like help
with id be glad to try.

Posted on May 30, 2006 at 6:57 am

mmmm, I wish I had a scanner.
If you like to put yer pics online to get advice and stuff on em etc, you should try www.sheezyart.com. :wink: