Skip navigation

display

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > display
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on May 20, 2006 at 12:31 pm

i'm having a problem similar to thepwood from january. i have a toshiba portege 4005 laptop and i can't figure out how to stretch the game screen. any ideas?

thanks,
raechel

Level 14 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on May 21, 2006 at 1:02 pm

This may seem a stupid question, but have you tried what was suggested back then, if that doesn't work, you may have to wait for Rick or someone else to comment on this matter.

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on May 21, 2006 at 8:42 pm

yes i tried. i also tried changing the display compatibility for the game to 640 by 480, but that just made it so that my whole desktop was shrunk to the smaller size. thanks anyway, though.

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on May 23, 2006 at 2:10 pm

Unfortunately, how to enable full-screen stretch mode is different for every laptop. I talked to Toshiba rep, and he had some suggestions:
* Try going into the display properties (right click on and empty space on the desktop, choose Properties , then click on the Settings tab in the new window that pops up) and setting the resolution to 640x480.
* If that doesn't work, (if it worked, everything on your screen will look bigger) then it's likely that you need to install your video drivers. You can find those on the CD that came with the laptop (just put the CD in the drive and follow the setup instructions) or by downloading them from http://support.toshiba.com.
* You should also have a program installed called Toshiba HWSetup which you can find under Start->Settings->Control Panel. In the new window that pops up there should be a Display tab which may have an option which allows you to stretch the screen in full-screen mode.Hope one of those solutions work. If it doesn't work, either get back to me, or give Toshiba a call at 1-800-457-7777 -- they'll probably be able to give you better support for your laptop than I would.