Skip navigation

Racing, fun? not really

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Racing, fun? not really
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on May 7, 2006 at 8:29 pm

quit early since I wasn't having fun! wasn't about not winning-but the folks who kept shooting at me after my tank had 'died'(turretless). for me not being able to see anything taint fun. if this behavour is accepteble for racing; count me OUT!

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on May 7, 2006 at 10:58 pm

Seen that before countless times---seems to be in the same vein as spawn fragging---not a real treat!!

Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on May 7, 2006 at 11:02 pm

I never really encountered attacking for the sake of attacking. Sometimes someone will shoot a dead tank when they are blocking the way and they need to pass, or to push someone off the course so they can get way ahead, but no one I saw was shooting for the sake of shooting. Sometimes it would appear so, but I never saw it happen.

Overall, I was at the back of the pack for almost all levels, and still had great fun!

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on May 7, 2006 at 11:49 pm

I would agree on the individual racing. Back in the day when I ran the race ladder folks were just interesting getting the best lap time. What I have found out is that those who treat the race as a DDM most of the time end up not winning. Even if they sat at the finish line I could out fox them and still finish.

But in team racing, even the AI's continue to shoot you once you are fragged, which is very odd. But here are the facts, if team racing (alias clan racing) did start, the beating would be even worse. I can imagine someone mass driving a tank all the way to mirror land. But that is the beauty of it. It is not the race time that matter, it is whomever is across the line 1st.

I have come to realize that not enough folks are interesting in TM for racing. But clan racing would be enough of a DDM to interest most folks.

I will be trying to set it up with K for it to happen on the next racing Sunday to give it a try for all to attend.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on May 8, 2006 at 2:23 am

at the point I left the server, he had been doing that for 3 races in a row. shoot back you say...the race previous I only got the turret back just before finishing. this ________person is worse than a bot in regards to whom and when they frag. bots don't target their own team mates. enough! aside from clan events I choose to not stay on the same server as him.

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on May 8, 2006 at 10:59 am

I always found it kinda odd that AI's don't shoot when your turret's gone. :?

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on May 8, 2006 at 3:33 pm

Some newbies don't understand that concept Rex... (I don't think it was me firing at you)... I reserve most of my energy for whoever is #1....
BTW: instead of wasting bullets in the person ahead, work with them to bring down the one in the lead :twisted: