Skip navigation

Data Loss in RB Tournament

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Arcade Games > Data Loss in RB Tournament
Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on May 5, 2006 at 6:56 pm

Unfortunately we have just discovered a significant loss of player information in RBT. We're still investigating how it happened, but it appears the Longbow Digital Arts game room was reset in the last few days overwriting the existing game room with a blank version and losing all previous players and stats.

At present our only backup is a few months old but we're looking into a few data recovery options to try to get more up to date information. If this fails then our only options are to proceed with the blank server, revert to the old version or try to re-create the missing information with player assistance. We will go with whatever the community decides.

We apologize for the problems this causes. As a small developer we can't always devote the resources to support the community that we would like so we appreciate your patience and will keep you updated on our progress. For the moment we have a new RBT server running, but it's a blank slate, so you'll have to create a new account to play over the weekend.

rob

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on May 5, 2006 at 8:44 pm

Can you post the IP address for the new server?
It won't show up in my game room window.

Thanks.

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on May 6, 2006 at 1:00 am

I say not to go to the blank state. At least go to the few month old status. Sure it's out of date, but it's still something until the data can be restored (if possible). Then again, that's my opinon.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on May 6, 2006 at 1:57 am

I say not to go to the blank state. At least go to the few month old status. Sure it's out of date, but it's still something until the data can be restored (if possible). Then again, that's my opinon.

I agree 100% :)

Level 13 Human Sales
Posted on May 6, 2006 at 12:56 pm

:twisted: :twisted: Yes go back to blank state. :twisted: :twisted:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on May 6, 2006 at 5:32 pm

quote= Wild fire :twisted: :twisted: Yes go back to blank state. :twisted: :twisted:
from ice
wont mater much wildfire once playoffs is done then ill show you the true ....ICE... 8)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on May 7, 2006 at 10:02 am

I agree 100% :)

Ditto.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on May 8, 2006 at 4:53 pm

Hey Rob,Rick and Company any updates today on default/playoff room? maybe some good ganews!

Level 13 Human Sales
Posted on May 9, 2006 at 7:38 pm

:twisted: :twisted: We'll just have to see about that ice. :twisted: :twisted:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on May 9, 2006 at 8:20 pm

Wow! I lost, like, 1600 or so games! Went from 3rd to 12th!

If you guys can restore data, here's where I was:

Wins 2012
Losses 590
Disconnects 25

I wouldn't be opposed to you guys just wiping the slate clean, though :D

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on May 10, 2006 at 5:49 pm

hi guys!

I had 4856 wins, 2463 losses. and 77 quits..
Ice the mask had 4738 wins and 2358 losses and 66 quits.
thanks Magnetic

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on May 14, 2006 at 6:55 pm

the games win/loss column doesnt really bug me as much as the not being able to host any games anymore.
used to be i could host with just about anyone and not have any lag and/or other problems whatsoever.

but since the data loss and recent activity relating to lda,i have not at all been able to host any games whatsoever.
i keep getting an unable to initiate state.

i own a brand new comp and hope that this problem can be fixed as i need my rbt fix.......BAD

LOL

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on September 4, 2006 at 8:57 am

luckily mine was wiped out, i don't really need to retrieve data for mine!

Anyway, that explain ICE THE MASK 's dis-appearance from the top 3 and ckit being third (no offense ckit.... i never offense anyone in the top 10 and other selected players)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 4, 2006 at 9:50 pm

Anyway, that explain ICE THE MASK 's dis-appearance from the top 3 and ckit being third (no offense ckit.... i never offense anyone in the top 10 and other selected players)

ice the mask.. has been delete by me in both games. i guess i just wanted a new look :mrgreen:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 5, 2006 at 5:37 am

No offense taken, when the databases were rolled back I went back to rank 6 and worked my way up to 3rd.