Skip navigation

New mod pack...my plans

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > New mod pack...my plans
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on April 28, 2006 at 3:58 pm

alright I have started on my new mod pack...it is based on Naruto...does anyone who has watched naruto and seen all the weapons have lwo software? If not I will have to give this up

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on April 28, 2006 at 6:01 pm

Well... let's just say that if you want to make weapons for naruto based mods, you'll have to be able to manipulate lwo meshes yourself... lol. Try out blender for the free way, or go for 3dsmax like i did... even though I have no idea how to use it... :twisted:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on April 29, 2006 at 12:19 am

Well... let's just say that if you want to make weapons for naruto based mods, you'll have to be able to manipulate lwo meshes yourself... lol. Try out blender for the free way, or go for 3dsmax like i did... even though I have no idea how to use it... :twisted:

I have blender I can't figure it out though...I am no good with texture or lwo...there is no way I could make a shuriken, demonwind shuriken, or kunai with it...

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on April 29, 2006 at 12:24 am

You can always take the time to read the tutorials at http://blender.org/cms/Tutorials.243.0.html... that should help... ^_^

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on April 29, 2006 at 1:06 pm

I just can't put the pieces together to make what I want

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on April 29, 2006 at 3:33 pm

You really can do it, dude... just gotta work at it a bit.

I'll give you a hint as to how I'd do it. Look at letters, when you type them in and make em 3d... notice how they have curves and bevels similar to a shuriken. All yas gotta do is make a simple 2d curve that shaped like one and 3d/bevel it. Turn it into a mesh and use the Knife tool to make it even sharper lookin. Then you can remove doubles and simplify the mesh using normal blender tools. That'd make a decent high mesh.

The low mesh would prolly just involve adding a simple square mesh and extruding it after you shrink a couple corners to make a diamond.

The reason I wouldn't be able to do this all for ya is just because finals are this week, and my prof for computer arch actually took class off because, according to the TA, He has been working on the exam to make sure it fully tests your comprehension ... or, in layman's: He's so going to eat your heart out with a spork on this exam

And with that, I have no idea why I even check the forums XD (other than to check the events ;-D)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on April 29, 2006 at 3:39 pm

He's so going to eat your heart out with a spork on this exam

I like sporks... they are fun. ^_^

Level 14 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on April 30, 2006 at 12:02 pm

Great minds think alike.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on April 30, 2006 at 12:15 pm

umm...ok, that confused me...I don't know how to bevel

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on April 30, 2006 at 1:49 pm

oh yeah, I added a page to my website...it is for the screenshots for my mods :D You can check out the fireball jutsu screenshot right now

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on May 1, 2006 at 11:37 pm

Dennis your the best.....keep smiling :D

Posted on May 2, 2006 at 2:47 pm

Summat reminded me, Dennis, if you like, you can put any of my weapons you like on your site, uh ideas and motivation are still in the trucks headed for my current pack, may just get fed up and put it up here. Kinda like the truck with my brain in never arived.... :shock:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on May 6, 2006 at 3:11 am

is that the truck I hijacked...

Posted on May 6, 2006 at 10:43 am

DARN YOU!!!

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on May 6, 2006 at 12:41 pm

property of 2ndself...yep it is the truck that I hijacked

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on May 6, 2006 at 3:31 pm

*Eats cheese*

Posted on May 7, 2006 at 6:34 am

Finally managed to unpack your last pack after re-downloading it. Tis good, love the meteor.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on May 7, 2006 at 10:29 pm

meteor good :D I made it :D