Skip navigation

TM Classic? (for LDA)

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > TM Classic? (for LDA)
Pages 1 2
Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on April 27, 2006 at 2:10 pm

btw rick do you play tm?
Rarely. I'm pretty fickle with games and tend not to play a single game for more than a month. Of course, I've been playing a lot of Hegemony lately >:)

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on April 27, 2006 at 3:47 pm

well, for what it may be worth, i'll just leave my v1.0.1 server up for a while.
it's a default install of v1.0.1, from my v1.0.1 TM cd.

well, ok, i changed the names of the AI tanks, never did like the default name set :)

Lol yeah, the names had to go when I made my first mod pack too. :lol:

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on April 28, 2006 at 8:45 am

I have to admit... it'd be pretty sweet if ya'll did this. The one servers I loved the most were the skill servers... and sometimes one shot kill. I think I have a one shot kill mod still on my comp with no tracking at all on anything (I think even cruises). Still, I was so disappointed when it happened... the tracking and all... because it always screws up the particularly well placed shots, where you need to time the hit or bump a certain portion of the tank to get the wanted result. I love the technique and it made it so hard to do afterwards it really gave me a funk. But hey, no complaining about the mass driver :D

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on April 29, 2006 at 1:55 am

What are those skills servers you're talking about dudymas and where can I find them...?

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on April 29, 2006 at 8:33 am

I don't know if they are hosted anymore. Killer has the 1-shot server, and the others I can't remember who hosted them. They are fairly easy to set up, if someone has a server available.

Level 14 Human Sr Code Monkey
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on April 29, 2006 at 10:25 am

Ask and ye shall recieve.

One Shot is up. (hopefully it will STAY up, and not bomb the machine like it did last time.)

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on April 29, 2006 at 4:12 pm

:)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on April 29, 2006 at 5:43 pm

s'up alright--interesting how bad the terrain damage is on it though--still a hoot!!

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on April 29, 2006 at 6:14 pm

I see it's not up anymore...must have crashed...

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on April 29, 2006 at 6:35 pm

And a record minimum servers up as well---hmmm--quieter than usual??

Level 14 Human Sr Code Monkey
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on April 30, 2006 at 9:45 am

Up again.

That machine is on it last legs. -_-

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Posted on May 2, 2006 at 12:15 am

Dennis,

You said a mouthful.

40% left of 33GB is a fair chunk of disk space for the average home user; unless you are some kind of intensive database query ruiner you should be fine.

Now, if you were actually talking about running WindowsXP Home (the crippleware version of WindowsXP) and were running SP2 and oh say Symanatec or McAfee or Panda A/V software with all the bells and whistles plus you were running it with 256MB of RAM, then you would have a problem. 512MB or RAM would be the plan of attack.

Also, if you you run a massive IE cache which you never cleaned out, you never ran ant-spyware checks and didn't know what hard disk defragmentation does, then again, you would have a problem.

A little PM (periodic maintenance) would probably correct your issues.

Now, as to your modem, if you are using dsp Winmodem that uses the main CPU, yeah, you need more RAM, but a modem that costs twenty five bucks instead of ten might also address your issue. Winmodems were a travisty that never should have been implemented. Talk about cutting costs where they shouldn't have.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on May 2, 2006 at 7:49 am

His biggest problem is bandwidth. TM needs a constant 10kbps bandwidth to run well online. You can't get that consistantly off most dial up modem - ISPs tend to burst data, which makes for a nice laggy game.

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Posted on May 2, 2006 at 2:43 pm

:idea: I have broadband, but my internet comp only has a 900MB CPU, and gawdness knows what ram.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on May 2, 2006 at 4:53 pm

TM will play fine on a 200MHz Pentium II with a nVidia TNT video card and 64MBs of ram (assuming you are running windows 98...otherwise you need more just for the operating system).

I used to play it in software mode (yes, TM used to have that...now it requires OpenGL...but then all cards have that now too) on a Pentium II 266MHz 64MB ram laptop with Windows 98 - no problems except video was laggy. That was 6 years ago.

Pages 1 2