Skip navigation

Can't Fire Anything But Primary Weapon. :(

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Can't Fire Anything But Primary Weapon. :(
Level 12 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on April 19, 2006 at 3:57 am

:evil:

I have version v1.6.0 of Tread Marks and can't fire anything but my main weapon (unless I grab a special weapon). I've put all settings to make the weapons use different buttons and even keys on the keyboard....with the SAME problem. It's been a LONG time since I've played this game, but I remember being able to use my regular gun as WELL as special weapon.....can ANYONE help me?

DreamerGamer

Level 13 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on April 19, 2006 at 8:02 am

That is how the game has always worked. If you have picked up a weapon, you fire that. Otherwise you fire the main weapon.

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on April 19, 2006 at 11:53 am

:?: What game have you been playing?

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on April 19, 2006 at 12:00 pm

That is how the game has always worked. If you have picked up a weapon, you fire that. Otherwise you fire the main weapon.

That's the one thing that got me about Tread Marks years ago......never changed in any patches: That there are options for setting different firing buttons/keys: Primary, Secondary & Tertiary. I'm not expecting too much....I would just LOVE that ability to actually work. Maybe I'm just reading it wrong.

Dreamer

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on April 19, 2006 at 12:00 pm

Tread Marks.

Dreamer

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on April 19, 2006 at 12:39 pm

...That there are options for setting different firing buttons/keys: Primary, Secondary & Tertiary...

Those are the three buttons you can configure that setting for...
ie: you can configure to fire with buttons: space bar, the letter A and F9 if you wanted to... or with keys A, B and C..... or numbers 1, 2, 3.

...and you only get to shoot the weapon available... I may see some advantages if you could choose among weapons, but the game is challenging enough as is...

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on April 19, 2006 at 1:52 pm

...That there are options for setting different firing buttons/keys: Primary, Secondary & Tertiary...

Those are the three buttons you can configure that setting for...
ie: you can configure to fire with buttons: space bar, the letter A and F9 if you wanted to... or with keys A, B and C..... or numbers 1, 2, 3.

...and you only get to shoot the weapon available... I may see some advantages if you could choose among weapons, but the game is challenging enough as is...

Gotcha....the only thing I thought I was able to do was use my standard cannon as well as the particular special weapon I pick up.

I was actually hoping they would have come out with a Tread Marks 2 by now.....since it's SUCH a good game. Even by todays standards...it's still decent. I mean, look, it's still around and people are playing. I'm currently having a hard time finding actual people on the servers (all AI so far)....but I'll keep looking. Not a big list tho. :(

Dreamer

p.s. - Thanks fer the info.

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on April 19, 2006 at 2:28 pm

Tread Marks.

Dreamer

Aah, yeah, that was a sarcastic coment... >_<

Just ask if you see someone on the forums (with a qp), join in with scedualed events, be persistent looking for a populated server, or ask for people to join you at a specific date and time, with a post on the forums. Someone will play you.

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on April 19, 2006 at 2:42 pm

Tread Marks.

Dreamer

Aah, yeah, that was a sarcastic coment... >_<

Just ask if you see someone on the forums (with a qp), join in with scedualed events, be persistent looking for a populated server, or ask for people to join you at a specific date and time, with a post on the forums. Someone will play you.

I thought so, but I decided to respond anyhow. hehehehe. That sounds like a good idea. Thanks man!

Dreamer

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on April 20, 2006 at 9:08 am

actually, if I had been you, dreamer, I'd have played this off as a joke

Level 13 Human Shadow
Posted on April 20, 2006 at 6:58 pm

Unfortunately, wrong Dreamer :)

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on April 23, 2006 at 1:48 am

dang! coulda fooled me... but then, who couldn't?

*tells himself he loves calculus*
*sure enough... he doesn't believe himself*

I love answering my own questions... it makes my otherwise could-have-been-worth-something posts into complete and total wastes of time. Doncha feel that now? You just totally wasted time reading this? Isn't that wonderful?

Level 13 Human
Posted on January 8, 2009 at 3:35 pm

I guess our old friend, the original Dreamer, didn't make it over to the other side.

Sad.

(Sorry for digging up an old post, but I was trying to see if Dreamer was still around. He's not on the memberlist, so I guess not.)

Level 11 Human old school map & modpack maker
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on January 8, 2009 at 4:56 pm

BWL-Dreamer moved on about 4 years ago ... sad shame, great talent

Level 13 Human
Alignment: Good
Posted on May 18, 2009 at 11:24 am

I do still visit this place from time to time, but my day is mostly work and little (online) play these days.
@clone: talent? me? this game? :roll:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on May 18, 2009 at 11:36 am

I'm still lurking too :) from time to time...

Level 13 Human Shadow
Posted on May 18, 2009 at 5:20 pm

See, we need the two of you back, Dreamer and Rix! :D

Level 12 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Posted on May 22, 2009 at 10:42 pm

I do still visit this place from time to time, but my day is mostly work and little (online) play these days.
@clone: talent? me? this game? :roll:

I'm still lurking too :) from time to time...
i know how it is not having time to play i am busy with work and much other stuff i come and play when i have time.if i had more time to play and no lag i would be a much better player.
-------------------------------

Hopefully Rix and Dreamer haven't lost their skill from not playing for a while.