Skip navigation

10th Planet

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > General Chatter > 10th Planet
Pages 1 2 3
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on May 16, 2006 at 8:54 am

Well, the circumference is larger at the equator than if measured from pole to pole and back. Only a slight amount however. In generality, the center is in the center, because all these small anomalties are usually negligible.

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on May 16, 2006 at 10:14 am

I know that feeling, I keep getting it this week, maybe I'll continue my writing tonight.

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on May 16, 2006 at 4:52 pm

it isnt a perfect ball J, it has mountains, depressions, and all anomalities should be taken with great care J...

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on May 16, 2006 at 6:08 pm

Those anomalties are negligible dude... you should talk to my physics teacher, Mr. Henjum... you can't beat him when it comes to his logic. If you think of a billiard ball, is that really a sphere? If we blew up that ball, you would see canyons and mountain ranges much larger than what we have on this planet. In relativity, our planet is much closer to being a sphere. The surface spheres in relativity is negligible. The center is the center, that is that. Case closed. ^_^

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on May 16, 2006 at 7:38 pm

^_^ not, we know less about our planet than we do our stars and outer and inner planets J, sorry. Its not so I rest my case :D I do understand that J...you should know me by now.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on May 16, 2006 at 9:12 pm

The center is an infinitely small point, merely defined as a location. No matter how you look at it, it is a point, and that point is named the center. You really can't beat geometry... :D

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on May 16, 2006 at 9:22 pm

geometry is but a formula of a formula, an illusion that discribes distance

J you can argue with geometry you can argue with everything :D

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on May 16, 2006 at 11:33 pm

I can even argue about how asparagus isn't green... but let's not get into that... :wink:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on May 17, 2006 at 4:49 pm

lets create chaos theories!!!

Posted on May 17, 2006 at 5:33 pm

Not quite sure what one is, but I'll watch and then join in :P

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on May 21, 2006 at 2:33 pm

chaos theorys are... intresting things its one occurance that forrwards another.

Posted on May 21, 2006 at 3:11 pm

Um, well *is confused*

I beleive that our universe is pssibly one in a series. eg.

The big bang began out universe, caused by the huge build up of matter and energy in a small space, so now the current universe is in existance. I don't know all the physics and stuff yet, but as more and more suns implode through time, the blackholes resulting might pull all the matter back togeth eventualy, resulting in another big bang, and another universe. This could go on forver.

Care to indulge yourself in tearing that apart?

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on May 21, 2006 at 5:52 pm

Well, I am one to believe that time is infinite in both directions. The big bang theory would fit perfectly in this infinite timeline because there would always be big bangs; the one we can currently see/speculate is merely the latest one to happen. I also believe that the universe will always expand until all of the matter burns out and energy dissipates. Then another big bang would happen, thus replenishing the matter and energy in the universe. It's an ongoing process. If you want to read about it, you can find it at http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/story/0,,1768191,00.html . Happy reading. ^_^

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on May 21, 2006 at 6:10 pm

I believe the Bible is true, which means I believe in the creation story :D

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on May 21, 2006 at 6:18 pm

for every act there is a purpose, whether its insane or intelligent, our exsistence is undefined until we discover this. there is no middle ground in life, when picked it causes a cascade that burries you in your own accomplishments damning you to death, but it can also be recoverable.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on May 21, 2006 at 8:06 pm

You can't divide by 0 ^_^

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on May 21, 2006 at 8:25 pm

2nd selfs comment earlier leads credence to the phrase From whence it came

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on May 22, 2006 at 12:10 am

just a few quotes I made up :)

After that battle I thought they were gone... but I made that last mistake.. The Paladin

in my eyes it has never begun, it is merely the end for these pathetic terrans. we will find them... kill them and kill their families, and we will not stop til all who resist are purged from our blessed galaxy. -The Shadow Lord

undefined my exsistence is... I never understood it... know I know nothing happens without a purpose...or a cause. -The Paladin

forever I could not see it, how close it was. but yet it left the moment I saw it. forgotten I will be in the unimaginable depths of time. just another thing in history...after all isnt that what we are doing? making history? who will be there to record the losers? I am one. even if I fight with the winner, I am dismissed like a bad child. forgotten by my superiors I have been. people say I am uneducated when education is really teaching you how to live... many say I am a tragedy and use me as an example of failure... I am no failure... Its sad how people sterotype me because I had no chance of life... I the Paladin would rather give life than take it away.. they use me like a hound of war, they think I kill out of blood lust.. hate... anger. I do not have anger... I move on. let go of past deaths... otherwise it will slow my advance to peace down. That is why I fight. a lost cause... I do not fight forthe Earth military. I fight for peace. I fight for my ideals of peace. a galaxy without war... death around ever corner. to eliminate death I have become death itself.... you think I am a warrior...its no different than murder. as I said... I couldn't see it for so long... and it left me. past I am... history I have made. walked among death I shall for the rest of my life, knowing that I havent failed yet... Knowning I havent given up... but denied like a murderer. treated like an outcast. no longer will it last... for I have given up all I know... condemned I shall remain until I find it again... so close... yet so blinded... so silent... I cant make it real... -The Paladin

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on May 22, 2006 at 9:02 am

in my eyes it has never begun, it is merely the end for these pathetic terrans. we will find them... kill them and kill their families, and we will not stop til all who resist are purged from our blessed galaxy. -The Shadow Lord

Technically I didn't say it like that... word for word I said In my eyes it never began, we are merely cleansing our blessed galaxy of the untouchables and anyone who dares to be with them. -Dragon Shadow

Then again... that's from the CWS roleplay forum... but that's a different story.

Another few quotes:

Meep! -jujaga

History always has events affecting the future like a ripple, you cannot change the past, but the past will always haunt you -jujaga

Cheese and Mechs are good, but make sure you don't eat them together -jujaga

Posted on May 22, 2006 at 10:23 am

Ever noticed how most things can be seen or senced, and yet time cannot, it is possibly the most puzzling thing in our world. How long has our world existed? Is there a begning? What does it feel like to feel nothing at all (like if you died).

Pages 1 2 3