Skip navigation

Uninstalling LDA Software Error

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Uninstalling LDA Software Error
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on April 7, 2006 at 1:15 am

I get the following error or similiar after uninstalling RBT Free, RB Free or Game Launcher:

I hope you have a good reason for using 16-bit in today's day and age!

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on April 7, 2006 at 8:49 am

NTVDM is part of nVidia's video drivers... perhaps your graphics drivers are out of date. Maybe updating the drivers could help... (http://www.nvidia.com)

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on April 7, 2006 at 9:10 am

Ah no, I have a Sapphire Radeon 9600XT which uses ATI drivers and this is a clean install of WinXP too.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on April 7, 2006 at 4:59 pm

That's odd, but unfortunately this isn't the first time we've run into problems with our installer. All our released games use ClickTeam's Install Creator, but we're switching to a better installer for Hegemony.

Well, a few questions to figure out what's messing up:
* Are these the newest versions of the games? There was a problem that existed in some of the older installers.
* When you installed XP Pro, was it from a fresh format, or was it an upgrade over an older version of Windows?
* Have you run a virus-check?
* What happens when you click Ignore?

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on April 7, 2006 at 8:07 pm

That's odd, but unfortunately this isn't the first time we've run into problems with our installer. All our released games use ClickTeam's Install Creator, but we're switching to a better installer for Hegemony.

Well, a few questions to figure out what's messing up:
* Are these the newest versions of the games? There was a problem that existed in some of the older installers.
* When you installed XP Pro, was it from a fresh format, or was it an upgrade over an older version of Windows?
* Have you run a virus-check?
* What happens when you click Ignore?

I have the latest of RB 1.5.3, RBT 1.0.2 and GL 1.5.
WinXP Pro SP2 was installed Fresh from CD
I run virus checks on a regular basis, no problems there.
Clicking Ignore keeps producing the same error with a different CS number each time!

I think the installers for all LDA games should be changed ASAP.

Level 13 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on April 7, 2006 at 9:54 pm

NTVDM is the NT Virtual Dos Machine that Command.com (MS-DOS) runs under in windows NT, 2k, and XP. RBT was programmed for Windows 98, as I recall, which doesn't need the NTVDM becuase it runs MS-DOS natively. My guess is that RBT installer calls a MS-DOS CPU function that Microsoft decided not to implement in their virtual machine for DOS.

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on April 8, 2006 at 11:45 am

Oops, my bad... It had a n and it looked like an nvidia file... ^_^