Skip navigation

Thursday, Racing

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Thursday, Racing
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on April 4, 2006 at 6:10 pm

- 10pm EDT/7pm PDT
- Modded server running in Race mode, simple modifications to weapons made to reduce terrain damage
- - File pack (not required for play): http://home.woh.rr.com/kvorlon/LDA_racing.zip

I'm open to suggestions on start time to get more people to show.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on April 13, 2006 at 5:45 pm

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on April 13, 2006 at 7:08 pm

Time change from 8 to 7??
Sounds good for me on THIS side of the country!!
Although, the Master Client still has the start time as 8---soooo--play it by ear??

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on April 13, 2006 at 10:13 pm

ah, yeh, need to change the config file too...

it will be updated for next time

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on April 20, 2006 at 8:06 pm

... forgot to edit the config... :oops:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on April 20, 2006 at 10:58 pm

Stopped in a 9,10,11, just to ensure I might have one of the times correct---alas---I was a solo!!!

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on April 20, 2006 at 11:54 pm

KV...you need to have the weekly event times whenever it is best for everyone, which will be impossible. I only had them at 8 PM PST because it was the only time I could attend the weekly events. Earlier than that and I was busy with the kids.

Pabilto posted: If you're going to continue these weekly events, you may want to announce that they start 2 hours later (11:00PM eastern)... that was their time before and it seemed that people were more receptive to it.
Hey Pabilto, I was the one that suggested the time should be earlier thinking that more folks might show up.

And here is the hardest part of any scheduled event...someone has got to get folks to come. You have to email, ICQ, and be on the server to remind them to show up. I had to stop doing the server admin job because I could not spend the time necessary to get the folks to show up.

If we want this to succeed, we have to help each other out and get folks to show up. Just today, 5 folks were on LDA and it was a blast.

I will try to show up when possible. Whatever time you pick you must stick to it. Good luck all.

Level 13 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on April 21, 2006 at 8:18 am

Also, last night there were loads of people playing on LDA normal server, but no one on race. I think having something on, say, tuesday or wednesday only and cycle them like the Sunday event would draw more people. Just my opinion :)

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on April 21, 2006 at 12:44 pm

Hey Pabilto, I was the one that suggested the time should be earlier thinking that more folks might show up.

And here is the hardest part of any scheduled event...someone has got to get folks to come. You have to email, ICQ, and be on the server to remind them to show up. I had to stop doing the server admin job because I could not spend the time necessary to get the folks to show up.

If we want this to succeed, we have to help each other out and get folks to show up. Just today, 5 folks were on LDA and it was a blast.

I will try to show up when possible. Whatever time you pick you must stick to it. Good luck all.

I don't think there are enough players to have daily events and take the effort to gather them...
I tried to help the first time around and that did not work well...but
I think the admin should just emphasize in the Sunday events... they're far more important than daily events. (and less work for admin)
There are 2 fun Sundays that can be used for events such as Racing or whatever else...
It doesn't hurt to have the daily servers on for people to practice/experience with those though.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on May 4, 2006 at 6:26 pm

making active again.

This is a topic for this server's information. Please do not reply to this topic unless it directly concerns the operation of this server.

Level 13 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on May 4, 2006 at 9:14 pm

Pablito, I think the issue is what Rick brought up in the TM Classic thread: running more than 2 servers on a system tends to make it unstable. That means that if we don't have some of these special servers that cycle, we wouldn't have the special servers at all.

That said, perhaps, to ease strain on LDA, we could make it so the 3 special servers cycle by week and are up the entire work week whenever the DDM server isn't up?

Just an idea.

--RC

P.S. - kv, don't be a tyrant. We are talking about the servers :)

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on May 11, 2006 at 3:17 pm

making active again

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on May 11, 2006 at 11:12 pm

why have this server continue...I went tonight and no one was there...there were three people at lda though

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on June 1, 2006 at 8:57 pm

ok, this is totally late, but it's also a racing weekend, so...

server is up