Skip navigation

TM on XP

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > TM on XP
Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on March 31, 2006 at 12:55 pm

I could realy go on a rant about this, and I might if you wish, but in short terms:

So bough The lord of the rings: The battle for middle earth on Sunday, and found out that it needed windows XP to run, so, even though I hate windows XP ( doesn't everyone? ) I upgraded my pc to XP. However, when it had finnished, XP installer had cleared away half the stuff off of my pc ( that's the stuff from my documents, my pictures, in fact, everything that wasn't in programme files! ).

So I was angry anways, and later came to play TM, when I started it however, the screen resolution ajusted, as normal, then the music came on, still showing my desktop, then the music started to skip though the beginings of all the tracks, then I got an error message saying something like Failed to initialize acceptable open GL rendering content .

So I was realy annoyed, and proceded to insert the disk, then the auto launch popped up with all but Install greyed out, so I have just installed it, and now the same still happens.

Could you tell me, does Tread Marks work on windows XP? And if so, what can I do? :x Of course if it doesn't then it's goodbye windows XP, or no more TM mods from me :cry:

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on March 31, 2006 at 2:06 pm

It works, but you need to install the drivers for your graphics card.

Posted on April 1, 2006 at 9:26 am

/end apocolyptic moment\ Yeah, figured that out today, due to an error on a different game. Thanks Rick.

The only wierd thing is that LotR: BfME worked fine before hand. :?

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on April 1, 2006 at 3:22 pm

i'm guessing that LotR: BfME doesn't use OpenGL rendering.

Posted on April 2, 2006 at 1:05 pm

Good point, though, why were only Open Gl, and the sound drivers damaged during the change to XP?

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on April 3, 2006 at 4:22 pm

Windows XP usually ships with decent DirectX drivers for most video cards, so OpenGL and sound drivers are still the most common that need to be updated.