Skip navigation

Rival Ball Winning Game turns into a quit!

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Rival Ball Winning Game turns into a quit!
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on March 30, 2006 at 7:26 pm

This has occured to me before (and rare it has been) but in the middle of the game on Rival Ball split(it happens on the third round every time)my screen goes straight back to the Gameroom counting as a quit,odd huh? The reason im posting this is , id say the last 30 games this has happened to me 9 times! Has this happened to anybody else on Rival Ball? Also could some of these problems ive been having over the past few years have anything to do with the fact that i only have the Freeware version of RB?

Level 14 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on March 30, 2006 at 8:55 pm

This has occured to me before (and rare it has been) but in the middle of the game on Rival Ball split(it happens on the third round every time)my screen goes straight back to the Gameroom counting as a quit,odd huh? The reason im posting this is , id say the last 30 games this has happened to me 9 times! Has this happened to anybody else on Rival Ball? Also could some of these problems ive been having over the past few years have anything to do with the fact that i only have the Freeware version of RB?

Your opponent may be disconnecting on you. This is considered CHEATING though, especially if he/she's losing. They use this form to prevent them from getting a loss and you from getting a win. So, if you are winning and it reverts back to the game room, report the username to Longbow Digital Arts and they should take care of the player.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on March 30, 2006 at 9:26 pm

Interesting! there seems to be alot of these people, and they seem to be able to cheat in many different ways! A few weeks ago i was playing a guy named James11 and at the very end of the fourth board(i was winning) his score jumps to 100000 pts! 100000pts LOL! Thats ridiculous, and downright impossible my highest score is a little over 16000. he was obviously a hacker or cheat. i had a similar experience with Michael 23 and Big John. Thanx for the tip my friend.

Level 14 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on March 31, 2006 at 11:41 am

Interesting! there seems to be alot of these people, and they seem to be able to cheat in many different ways! A few weeks ago i was playing a guy named James11 and at the very end of the fourth board(i was winning) his score jumps to 100000 pts! 100000pts LOL! Thats ridiculous, and downright impossible my highest score is a little over 16000. he was obviously a hacker or cheat. i had a similar experience with Michael 23 and Big John. Thanx for the tip my friend.

100000 points in one board? That's also CHEATING because it is impossible to score 100000 points in one board, especially when power-ups are not common enough for such score.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on March 31, 2006 at 7:58 pm

Get this! I log onto the gameroom and not 2 seconds later I get a message from gabi27(i think that is the number behind the name) saying NO PLAYER this continues to come up several times ( id say more than ten times this all happens within the span of a minute. then the last thing this person wrote was NO PLAYER CANCELLING 360% ! My game then says Longbow Digital Arts no longer online and i click on the icon to close the memo and the timer at the top of the memo starts over and over and over, i finally pressed Escape and logged off. The kicker of it all is that there was no gabi27 in the gameroom to begin with,and i check all the players and no sign of gabi27. What is going on in the gameroom!! I have been playing for years and this has never happened before?

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on March 31, 2006 at 8:18 pm

Often these weird sorts of things can happen if you're having connection problems, and if your connection drops it will count as a disconnect.

What kind of internet connection do you have? And have you been noticing anything weird when browsing the internet? (Like a page not loading, and you have to reload?)