Skip navigation

Dx-Ball 1 lovers come here!!!

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > General Chatter > Dx-Ball 1 lovers come here!!!
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on March 24, 2006 at 6:50 pm

Who likes Dx-Ball 1??? LET ME HEAR IT!!!

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on March 24, 2006 at 8:51 pm

I don't know about you, but I like DX-Ball 2. Although, maybe I'm biased by the paycheques I've amassed.

Okay, I'm just in a rhyming mood; I don't mean to be rude. Only a fool would think DX-Ball 1 isn't cool, but playing it is problematic, since my Amiga is in the attic.

Level 13 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on March 24, 2006 at 9:33 pm

DX-Ball 1 is pretty darn hard... at least when it comes to using my tips:

Tips include:

* Faster ball gives greater points, up to 18.
* Get as many Extra Life power-ups as you can. Not only do they award you an extra life, but also add 100 points. The only hold-back is that they cancel Shooting Paddle, Grab Paddle, and Thru Brick.

DX-Ball 1 has been an influence to DX-Ball 2 as well as another breakout called Smashing. DX-Ball 1 would also have been able to put an influence for Super DX-Ball.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on March 27, 2006 at 9:56 am

yeah, ok, so Dx-ball 1 is a little different, but what about with cheat codes??? You can push Ctrl+F2, Ctrl+F3, and Ctrl+F4 to get paddle grab thingy, guns, and a bigger paddle!!! And, on the main screen, you can push Ctrl+F1 to go to a board editor!!! How about now!!!

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on April 8, 2006 at 4:36 pm

Are you talking about Michael P. Welch's original DX-Ball? That was the very first breakout game I ever played. Ah, reminiscences...

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on April 8, 2006 at 6:48 pm

Too bad you need the cheats to enjoy it---dontcha think??

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on April 10, 2006 at 5:24 pm

Well, some people like a challenge. Michael designed our Classic Pack which includes a Challenge Set (as well as all the old DX-Ball boards) that's the most challenging set we offer, and some people simply love it.

Level 13 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on April 10, 2006 at 7:11 pm

Well, some people like a challenge. Michael designed our Classic Pack which includes a Challenge Set (as well as all the old DX-Ball boards) that's the most challenging set we offer, and some people simply love it.

Not all boards of Classic DX-Ball are the same though as DX-Ball 1. Some boards have been changed (especially board 2).

Level 12 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Posted on July 23, 2006 at 6:15 pm

As Far As DX-Ball 1 Goes It Was The First Breakout Game I Have Played Plus If DX-Ball 1 Was Not Made How Chould We Play DX-Ball 2 Rival Ball Rival Ball Tournament Or Super DX-Ball.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And Just To Let You Guys Know That DX-Ball 1 Has A Level Editer No Other DX-Ball Type Game Like Rival Ball Has A Level Editer