Skip navigation

No CD?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > No CD?
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on March 21, 2006 at 5:58 pm

Hey guys, long time no see, anyway my dad got treadmarks for me about 2yrs ago and I've really been wanting to play it but I don't have the CD and when I got it, I only got a link to download the game, I didn't order the disc.
Is there some file I can burn oor something I can do to be able to play the full version and not just online.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on March 22, 2006 at 1:07 pm

Send me an email or private message with the name, email address, and city that was used to order Tread Marks (probably your dad's information if he was the one that ordered it) and I'll look up your order and create a new download key for you so that you can download the full version from our Download Centre.

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on April 19, 2006 at 9:19 pm

Send me an email or private message with the name, email address, and city that was used to order Tread Marks (probably your dad's information if he was the one that ordered it) and I'll look up your order and create a new download key for you so that you can download the full version from our Download Centre.

Now THAT is just TOO kewl! You guyz keep track of that for THIS long?....and willing to make it right again after all this time? WOW! I am impressed.

Dreamer

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on April 20, 2006 at 9:02 am

Well, if you've ever played with someone from LDA online with full version, I believe they can just assume you bought it... I still owe em for doing such a favor for me when I lost the CD :-S

Posted on April 20, 2006 at 12:00 pm

Well, all of us here think that downloadable games are going to be pretty important in the near future, so it really annoys us when some sites (including one of the ones we used to have running our store) leave you high and dry if you get a new computer or anything like that. Or even worse, some sites will charge you extra for download insurance which will let you download for a longer period of months from their store. It's not like they're doing an extra service for you; they're still keeping your order in their database, they just mark your order as old so that they can sucker you into buying a second copy.

So we feel that if you want to convince people that downloadable service is better, you actually have to make downloadable service better.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on April 20, 2006 at 5:21 pm

...not such a bad idea :D

[url]http://38.112.120.110/ubb/Forum2/HTML/004284.html</a>

Posted on April 21, 2006 at 12:54 pm

Don't get me wrong -- we're still going to offer CD copies for the foreseen future; some people just like having a hard copy, and it's kind of weird to give somebody a downloaded game as a gift.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on April 23, 2006 at 1:36 am

yeah... plus I still know people who hate the internet but still have a CD ROM... the flexibility is important. I think it's so awesome what you guys have done, and I seriously hope that you don't worry or rush hegemony, btw. Take your time, and I'm sure we'll enjoy it if you just do what's naturally done at LDA... making a fun game