Skip navigation

Wells Fargo Bank: I know I'm not stupid

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > General Chatter > Wells Fargo Bank: I know I'm not stupid
Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on March 16, 2006 at 5:18 pm

But Wells Fargo thinks I am.

I have been a Wells Fargo customer for almost twenty years now. I opened a Checking and savings account with them back in 1986. When I opened those accounts, I set up an automatic transfer or funds to be taken monthly from my checking account and deposited into my savings account in order to have the minimum balance requirements waived on the savings account. When I first opened that account, it was hard to make sure that I had $25.00 available in my checking account for this transaction. I can remember a few times that I took money out of my savings account to put in my checking account so that I would be able to cover that transaction.

Over the last five months, I have been using money that I keep in the savings account to pay off construction expenses and the account dipped below a magic number during January. My February 2006 bank statement reflected a charge for $3.00 to which I was compelled to contact Wells Fargo about.

To my amazement: Wells Fargo's customer service representative stated that Wells Fargo did not have the product I described back in 1986. She also stated that I must have had some kind of ‘verbal covenant' with the bank clerk that I signed up with in order to have obtained such a waiver and that Wells Fargo was under no compulsion to fulfill the private agreement that I had with the person who opened the account with me. When I asked her how, a simple bank clerk could have perpetrated such a feat of denying Wells Fargo from earning $72.00 a year for twenty years, that would be $1,440.00, from a savings account that hasn't earned me that much. She reiterated that I must have had some kind of private agreement in effect that Wells Fargo was no longer compelled to fulfill.

You can't make this kind of crap up.

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on March 17, 2006 at 10:31 am

What? :? That must be bad, I'm confused....you have all the bad luck. 8)

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on March 17, 2006 at 4:45 pm

thats just rediculous.

Level 4 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 7, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Over the last five months, I have been using money that I keep in the savings account to pay off construction expenses and the account dipped below a magic number during January. My February 2006 bank statement reflected a charge for $3.00 to which I was compelled to contact Wells Fargo about. [url=http://www.pass4-sure.info]http://pass4-sure.info[/url]