Skip navigation

How good am I

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > How good am I
Pages 1 2
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on March 14, 2006 at 3:59 pm

on a scale of one to ten, how good do you think I am? Please state at least one way you think I could improve. I just want to know what everyone thinks of me. I also want to improve.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on March 14, 2006 at 5:37 pm

Since you failed to specify whether 1 or 10 was high, I chose 5 so that I'd split the difference.

No other reason.

:D

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on March 14, 2006 at 5:48 pm

10 is high.

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on March 14, 2006 at 5:52 pm

I said 5, but that's because -1+2-3+4-5+6-7+8-9+10=5... ^_^
HAPPY PI DAY!!! :D

Level 14 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on March 14, 2006 at 5:52 pm

Estimated Skill: 6

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on March 14, 2006 at 10:26 pm

6 for skill? Well, when he's not talking, ok :)

Level 16 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Posted on March 15, 2006 at 12:55 am

Dennis,

It is hard to guage your experience since I haven't played with you that much; having said that, I haven't seen you playing enough to give you better than a three or four.

If I had to rate myself though, I would only give myself a six or a seven. I reserve the nines for the truly obsessed and those without social encounters outside of TreadMarks and to date I have only played two players whom I could rate as consistent tens.

While this game is easy to play, it is hard to master.

Use Dinochrome to practice your aiming skills, just ask 666 he loved it for the arcade experience.

Shoot the sides and the rear corners when you can, look for crowds, hang back and sneak in for the kill.

Posted on March 15, 2006 at 12:57 am

P. S., that's not my style, I tend to blunder in or make you come and finish me off.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on March 15, 2006 at 7:34 am

10's...yes...I know which 2 I'd choose, unfortunately neither of them play TM anymore.

9's are also rare, only a couple fall under that level.

The vast majority of players are 6 or lower.

Actually. there are quite a few very good players that you've never even met, Dennis. I'd say a lot of the top players no longer play:

Irasaciable, Superunknown, Keato, JL, LDA Phillip, etc

Of course, we also have lost a lot of mediocre players over the years, too :)

The current top players (8-9), as I fight, are: Coax (well in the lead), Pablito, Max, 666, and K. In the next tier (7): Kong, Red, Carnage, GMan, etc.

I'm sure I missed people, sorry if your name isn't there and you feel you should be. My mind went blank half way through trying to come up with players :)

Also, note: The people in level 7 are still supurb players...they just can't match the skill of those in levels 8-10.

Level 16 Human gamer
Posted on March 15, 2006 at 2:08 pm

Yay, I made RCs list and he didn't even call me croaxis. :wink:

Level 14 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on March 15, 2006 at 3:29 pm

Well, I realy would play more, but I live in a house with three other people! It's hard to get on the internet here, and many of the matches are at crazy times in my zone. :lol:

Heh: Take sundays one for example, GMT: 1!!! 1!!! even if it's 1PM I'll probably be out, or my sister will be using the pc for homework or something!!! :x

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on March 15, 2006 at 4:26 pm

10 for fun.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on March 15, 2006 at 4:55 pm

...Pablito, Max, 666, and K. In the next tier .... in the next tier!? :P how many times do I need to win amongst all to not be on the next tier!? :lol:

All of these are very good players and may take #1 at any game (unless I'm playing :twisted: )
Kevorkian, Random Chaos, Max, Harmless, Pablo, Gman, Carnage, MelonCraker, 666, Vortex The Barbarian, Girl Tank, Yugo, Coaxs, Viper-II, Red...

Dennis needs to shut his mouth (or I should say stop typing), concentrate in playing, use a real tank (metal) and play more. I think you're a 6 now but could be a 9 easily. (he only uses keyboard :lol: :wink: )

Most good players use keyboard and mouse and few gpad's...

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on March 15, 2006 at 6:20 pm

I only use keyboard.

And I usually don't turn my turret.

:)

---

75% of your list I forgot about, Pablito, but then my memory is a sieve for names.

Level 16 Human gamer
Posted on March 15, 2006 at 6:37 pm

I only use keyboard as well.

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on March 15, 2006 at 6:44 pm

I said 5, but that's because -1+2-3+4-5+6-7+8-9+10=5... ^_^
HAPPY PI DAY!!! :D

Happy Day after Pi Day!
I should have picked blue instead of five. :mrgreen:

Level 14 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on March 16, 2006 at 2:12 pm

I only use keyboard, always turn my turret, but rarely use the turret cam as I can aim better without. :D

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on March 16, 2006 at 4:04 pm

I don't use turret. I only use keyboard (yay keyboard). I sometimes turn the turret (accidently). Coaxs and Pablo are the best two I ever met (my opinion), and I type too much (hardly anyone to talk to at home). If anyone has not faced me, give me an EST time in private message, and I will try to be there. If I can't, I will pm you back saying so. I would have posted yesterday, but I couldn't access lda.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on March 16, 2006 at 5:09 pm

well I use turret, and use to have good aim. and would usually prowel the servers looking for matrix, coaxs, pablito, pablo, gman, Kevorkian, barbarian. and the one I enjoy playiong the most. Irascrible

heres the story of Unescapable and the moon. I beat Irascrible... and STILL GLOAT!!!

Posted on March 16, 2006 at 5:27 pm

Let us not forget the top missing (but surely he's listening) player doesn't use his turret either. I've said it before, love him or hate him, Irascible earned his 10.

The only other player I would put near him for consistency (meaning I've beat him a few more times than I've beat Irascible and those times were very, very rare.) is BZP. He can be seen, on occasion, playing at Dinochrome but, he really stopped playing when TMLogScan disappeared unless he is playing on Killier's systems.

I'm sure there will be those who will feel snubbed by this but I know a lot of names I would give an eight. Higher than that takes a certain kind of player as stated earlier. Few of the still playing veterens do have lives to follow outside of TM and until one or two of them hits the lottery, you won't see a lot of players make the 10.

Pages 1 2