Skip navigation

Transparent Weapons

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Transparent Weapons
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on March 2, 2006 at 4:51 pm

I know how to create a transparent weapon. You need to use the texture line more than once. As people find new transparent colors, post them and how to create them here. I have found transparent yellow, which is to use airstrike twice in the same weapon, to create red/pink use: Redlaser, nukespecial2 (will need to download my latest pack), and airstrike. :D Let's see how many we can get.

Level 14 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on March 4, 2006 at 12:26 pm

Hmmmm...why not simply take a bitmap showing the colour you want, and then use the blend = add line.....sorry to spoil your fun :?

Also dennis, if you notice, black shows invisible when using that line, enabling me to create that invisible cruise missle (see BotB) :D

Out of interest though, how did you drop onto this? :shock:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on March 4, 2006 at 3:27 pm

For meteor, I copied airstrike. After that I forgot to erase the original texture line, and it created a transparent yellow.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on March 4, 2006 at 3:59 pm

That's interesting since Alpha support was never fully coded in TM 1.0, and I assume they didn't update that in TM 1.5/1.6.

--RC

Level 14 Human Sr Code Monkey
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on March 4, 2006 at 6:04 pm

Blend = Add

is not the same as alpha. add is always semi-transparent, even with solid colors, since its adding the texel color to whatever is behind the textured object. Where as alpha uses an extra 1 to 8 bits (depending on the mode) to removes texals from the texturemap which is not to be drawn (or blends then using the alpha channel's value when its >1 bit).

So RC is 100% correct, TM doesnot support alpha in texturemaps for meshes/objects.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on March 5, 2006 at 9:27 am

I didn't know that. I don't even think I used blend = add on it.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on March 5, 2006 at 9:29 am

One thing, what does each option of the blend line do anyway? What does alpha do? I am confused.

Level 14 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Posted on March 5, 2006 at 1:05 pm

Well, blend = add makes things transparrent, I never realy use alpha, and am not sure how to. :D

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on March 8, 2006 at 6:51 pm

well someone here should know what each does.