Skip navigation

Windows 2003: IIS 6.0 CFMX 7 and Crystal 8.0

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > General Chatter > Windows 2003: IIS 6.0 CFMX 7 and Crystal 8.0
Level 16 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on March 1, 2006 at 8:04 pm

IIS 6.0 is locked down tighter than it should be; CFMX installs OK for the defaul web site but if you create a new one, none of the CFMX settings are migrated. The following settings were need to be entered manually to get a new CF web site to work. This installation was compounded by the fact that it is running on a 64 bit installation and there is little or no rhyme or reason I could discern as to which resource path was being used (32 bit or 64 bit).
This is a consequence if IIS 6's lockdown

Set the following mappings:
Set <Application Drive>\CFusionMX7\runtime\lib\wsconfig\jrun_iis6.dll for each
.cfc
.cfm
.cfml
.cfr
.cfswf
.jsp
.jws

Default WildCard Handler <Application Drive>\CFusionMX7\runtime\lib\wsconfig\1\jrun_iis6_wildcard.dll

Crystal Reports 8.0 Enterprise has a wealth of its own problems including changing security on ODBC which you will need to fix and I'm not going to handle that here. Search for scr8_webregfix and follow the direction available (as of this writing) on the Business Objects Support web site.

1. Registered the <Application Drive>\Program Files (X86)\Seagate Software\WCS\Wcsinsapi.dll in the default web site.
refer to [url]http://support.businessobjects.com/library/kbase/articles/c2003670.asp</a>
2. Set allow scripts and executables on the web site directory (possibly it is only needed on the Reports directory if it exists).

3. I copied the CRPE32.dll into the System32 directory (it was placed in the SysWOW64 directory, don't know if this affected anything).

4. I set Read only on the viewer directory in the default website (handled in the custom installation of Crystal when you add the webserver component).

Irritants;
DLL Error on report refresh [url]http://support.businessobjects.com/library/kbase/articles/c2009021.asp</a>

Hope this helps someone.