Skip navigation

Sunday 2/26, Clan War 8 EST/5 PST/1 GMT

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Sunday 2/26, Clan War 8 EST/5 PST/1 GMT
Pages 1 2 3
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on February 27, 2006 at 5:47 pm

sorry I type so much. I can't really help it.
Im srewed, yay :lol:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on February 27, 2006 at 8:17 pm

Belated congrats on your victory in the third 666---didnt see the actual results until today--very impressive.
Apologize to all for my demeanour during the match--should have stayed off line and in bed--maybe next time--as they say--I'll be in better form.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on February 27, 2006 at 10:20 pm

I have created very unplayable games in the past.

Think an avenger. Think an avenger exploding with matter bombs.

Think a r-grenade launcher. Think each r-grenade explodes into a tracking nuke or matter bomb (randomly).

Think a concussion missile launcher. Think a concussion missile exploding as a nuke.

I think you get the idea of my "Hell" server that I used to run :)

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on February 27, 2006 at 11:17 pm

Hey Teulk, it was brutal. A certain clan was parked on the spawn sites on the ice map and just fragged you as soon as you landed. In the words of Matrix, it's not the frag that matters but the how you play the game. So take heart, and continue to be with us in the clan matches.

Mind you, on Caldera, the only thought in my mind was, "Frag CATS!"

LOL

Oh...and a word on how to make the game playable. Get different maps.
I know I know...blah..blah...blah.

Well think about it, a map like Caldera has a large vista with lots of moving parts in you view. That will cause lag when your computer tries to update each and every location in you view inside the caldera. That is why on the outside of the caldera the game was playable.

I say again...you need better maps. Sailor has lots of maps to chose from ...well it is just a thought.

Dont mess with the weapons. I expect the weapons to act a certain way. It always messes me up when they are changed.

Hey...thanks for coming and it was a cool match.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on February 28, 2006 at 12:05 am

sorry I type so much. I can't really help it...
uhm, I think we all can, is called "assertiveness".

Mind you, on Caldera, the only thought in my mind was, "Frag CATS!"
Being low in numbers also has an advantage, more targets :wink:

What Sailor maps do you recommend for next clan battle 666?

I just played a mod where there were weapons shaped as a shark and a small tank... anyone knows who made that? looks like killer's work but I may be wrong... fun though.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on February 28, 2006 at 7:53 am

You can go peruse my site for hosted maps. I think I have all of sailor's maps. I also have a couple of good maps, but my best maps I haven't released yet.

*gives self an injection of GET MAPS OUT and runs off*

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on February 28, 2006 at 11:32 am

Seeing as no one responded to my earlier post I gues I'll ask again. Can the clan wars be two hours earlier from now on? Because the current event schedule, keeps me from ever being able to attend for a couple years. And I really want to be there. Or could you put it on Saturday?

Please.

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Posted on February 28, 2006 at 11:35 am

With a weight of zero, the weapon doesn't spawn in the game.

Setup a server with Plasma mines having a very high weight, ammo at about 20 and with oh, ten ai.

Start playing, once you get around 80 or so, slowly, bouncing, timed expiring mines on the map, you will notice.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on February 28, 2006 at 3:19 pm

Seeing as no one responded to my earlier post I gues I'll ask again. Can the clan wars be two hours earlier from now on? Because the current event schedule, keeps me from ever being able to attend for a couple years. And I really want to be there. Or could you put it on Saturday?

Please.

Uhhh, big problem. I have church two hours before the clan war. If it is moved back, make it four hours back or make it saturday.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on February 28, 2006 at 5:21 pm

I can't make it 2 hours earlier, though I could 1 hour earlier until summer. Once we hit summer, it will be hard for me to make it even as early as the current time.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on February 28, 2006 at 5:30 pm

"Most games require players to be on DSL if are competing on-line (perhaps a suggestion for clan members)."

So where does that put cable users?? I'm a bit confused about the lag issues here now...

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on March 1, 2006 at 1:20 pm

DSL refers to phone and cable users (even though some companies offer different speeds) I prefer cable DSL when playing.

Lag issues will exist in some proportion. Perhaps someone would be able to post preventive actions to not have much lag such as:
- game options off: treadmarks, mirror maps, no extra mods in game root folder.
- Software: have any open connections off when playing: ie messengers (aol, msn, yahoo), any scanning tools such as antivirus or firewalls.
- PC: look at programs running in the background and processes not necessary during games.
- Having good memory in pc also helps and at least 32MB video cards....

I'm sure there are more ways to prevent lag from the end user perspective.... maybe someone else could reply a more descriptive post.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on March 1, 2006 at 3:43 pm

I noticed renaming the addons folder as addon helped :D

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on March 1, 2006 at 3:49 pm

I can't make it 2 hours earlier, though I could 1 hour earlier until summer. Once we hit summer, it will be hard for me to make it even as early as the current time.

Can you put it on Saturday? Please.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on March 1, 2006 at 8:19 pm

If you move it back, make it saturday. I have church from 2 hours before to 30 minutes before.

Level 16 Human gamer
Posted on March 2, 2006 at 1:20 am

Best not to change the DDM schedule.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on March 2, 2006 at 6:07 am

Saturdays aren't usually good for me.

BTW: The reason Sunday evening was picked was becuase that was the time most people had available, after going through this type of debate in the past. There are a lot of people that play DDMs, and it's impossible to get a time that satisfies everyone.

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on March 2, 2006 at 6:36 am

It's not changing.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on March 2, 2006 at 4:45 pm

That puts mod at a disadvantage. We now have only three people able to play.

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on March 2, 2006 at 11:21 pm

Sorry for taking so long to get back. Also sorry for being angry with the last post.

Pab, not sure which maps of Sailors. There are many to choose from.
I would have to look again.

Vor, when I was running the clan battle I did set the weight for the plasma mines lower so they would not spawn as often.

Lag is and will forever be an issue with large crowds.

what might be best is to stick with maps the lots of spawn point with smaller battle fields.

Then again the clan does not get to choose which maps to use.

For example, I made the clan maps with testing 40 tanks, but the most that turn up are 15 - 20 tanks for our clan battles. Therefore the clan maps are too large for a meduim size battle.

What to do? Well, I am most excited that folks still want to play and maybe that is where it should stay.

Just use the stock maps and show a little more courteousness when someone spawns. I would be happy with that...and possible starting clan racing. Yes...it would be soooooooooo cool.

Pages 1 2 3