Skip navigation

Sunday 2/26, Clan War 8 EST/5 PST/1 GMT

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Sunday 2/26, Clan War 8 EST/5 PST/1 GMT
Pages 1 2 3
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on February 20, 2006 at 10:32 pm

sunday the 26th, 8pm EST, 5pm PST, 1am GMT

IP and port number will be sent out shortly to the clan contacts.

Team Colors, used and unused:
Black = BWL (Black Widow Lance)
Blue = DNX (Dianetix Dominion)
Gold = DOG (Death or Glory Boys)
Green = LWA (Lonewolf Alliance)
Red = ZE / TC (Ze and Temporal Chaos)
White = GA (Gold Ants)
Orange = CAT (Cat Clan)
Silver = MOD (Team Modulus)
Chrome = unused
Pink = unused
Bronze = unused
Purple = unused
Grey = unused
Aqua = unused
InfraRed = unused
UltraViolet = unused
Opaque = unused
Pearl = unused
Saphire = unused
Platinum = unused

File you need: http://www.hallsted.org/org-downloads/Tm-20-teams-pack.zip

File you probably want: http://www.hallsted.org/org-downloads/clan_team_flags.zip

and according to the map pick rotation:
MOD
LWA
CAT
DNX?
GA

it's MOD's turn to pick.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on February 20, 2006 at 11:19 pm

That's right in the middle of the closing ceremonies of the Olympics. I might not make it.

--RC

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on February 20, 2006 at 11:36 pm

and according to the map pick rotation:
MOD
LWA
CAT
DNX?
GA

it's MOD's turn to pick.

Wow... already? Hmmm... let me talk to the others... (summons Unescapable, Tank Target and Dennis)... we'll get back to you guys shortly... ^_^

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on February 23, 2006 at 7:08 am

got those maps? need them by tomorrow morning

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on February 23, 2006 at 9:04 am

The Ramp, The Caldera, and Ice World ^_^

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on February 23, 2006 at 6:12 pm

No Armegedon? :(

:twisted:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on February 23, 2006 at 6:26 pm

No Armegedon? :(

:twisted:

We would pick that... but the last time we did that, there was a lagfest and it was like crazy. We were also considering the moon...

Level 15 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on February 24, 2006 at 7:05 pm

LOL...hope to see you there.

As for the Olympic...just tape them and watch them later. Just a thought.

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on February 25, 2006 at 11:29 pm

Well...it is up...see you there.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on February 25, 2006 at 11:32 pm

666: My VCR is my desktop's TV Tuner card; and I don't play TM well from my laptop (too slow vid card + bad keyboard arrangement).

I'll try to be there for at least part of it, but it all depends on the timing of various things tomorrow night.

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on February 26, 2006 at 6:27 pm

I know this is not probably gonna happen but I figure I might ask. I will never be able to attend a clan war again for the forseable future. I was wondering if you guys could have be two hours earlier from now on. But if you can't then that's okay I just won't be able to participate in clan wars anymore.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on February 26, 2006 at 8:52 pm

Excellent game. Thanks everyone that showed up!

Level 14 Human bookkeeper
Posted on February 26, 2006 at 8:58 pm

pics are in

feb 26th 2006 clan war

toodles,
harmless
:)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on February 26, 2006 at 9:04 pm

That was an interesting clan war... ^_^

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Posted on February 26, 2006 at 9:06 pm

CM weight = 0
Mines weight = 0
Nukes weight = 0
Air Strike weight = 0

There is enough lag without having these in the match and from what I could tell reading through the old posts, CLAN battles were about bragging rights for SKILL.

Last bitch for me on this.

gg all and 6, awsome last game score. You rocked!!

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on February 26, 2006 at 9:16 pm

The lag's due to the number of tanks. Changing weapons doesn't help with that. You simply can't stream all the data at 10kbps, the max rate of TM. Modem users are completely screwed (sorry Dennis).

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on February 26, 2006 at 9:41 pm

- Doesn't plasma balls add overhead to memory?

- Welcome to LWA Coaxs

- Most games require players to be on DSL if are competing on-line (perhaps a suggestion for clan members).

- Dennis; if you type lots during a game, you become an easy target. Clan Battles are for battling, not letting clan take easy frags. Watch the clan war pics, you're typing long sentences... you type enough at the LDA server... :roll:

- Thanks for the pics Harmless! :wink:

- Good battle, very challenging. Great last game 666!

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on February 26, 2006 at 10:15 pm

Exactly, Pablito. Nukes, cruises, and air strikes are relatively low bandwidth hogs. They have only a handful of points sets that get transfered since there is a fairly minor smoke trail on them, no worse than a MRL, Swarmer, or Concussion weapon, except that there is 1 ammo of the nuke/cruise and 10+ ammo for the MRL/Concussion/Swarmer.

In comparison, lasers have very high smoke trails and are probably the worst weapon for a clan game. Plasma balls aren't kind either. Wasps have 10 projectiles/shot + smoke trails on each projectile. Even normal games sometimes drop wasp trails due to their bandwidth sucking.

Avengers and machine guns are better. Ramdrill doesn't have much either.

If you think that the explosions of a nuke are worse, think of this: the nuke has, as I recall, 5 explo spheres plus one explo sound plus two damage zones plus one crater zone. That is 9 data sets maximum transmitted per nuke (crater and outer damage zone are the same, but I don't know how that's sent). In comparison, a laser has litterally thousands of smoke entities data points transmitted to make the laser "beam" which is nothing more than a line of smoke. Just a tank moving spits out hundreds of crud data points per second.

That is why my Poison River, Acid Moat, and Volcanic Isle maps didn't work multiplayer. Anytime someone hit water, it spit out millions of crud entities that lagged the server and all clients up until the tank died.

You can actually hit that level of insane crud production if you have too many tanks on a normal map. You're seeing that sort of lag when you hit 20 people in a clan game. Nothing you can do about it unless you drop the quantity of smoke trail and crud components of the game.

Perhaps someone should think of that kind of mod for clan games to ease lag in large clan tournies?

--RC

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on February 27, 2006 at 12:27 am

Cool...thanks for everyone coming. I was an excellent time, though, and I do say though, I was spawn frag a bit too much.

And my mines on the spawn points...sorry to Teulk and Jon. They got nailed by the mines...LOL Truly sorry about that.

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Posted on February 27, 2006 at 3:43 pm

When I first setup Dinochrome, I included plasma mines with a load of twenty.

If there were say three of four players dropping plasma mines and another 20 or thirty bouncing around, the game became unplayable.

I turned it back on when I moved the server to a higher bandwidth location and turned it back off after two rounds playing solo against just ai.

The reason I mentioned nukes, cm and airstrike is that they didn't exist in the CLAN battles when I first started playing.

Pages 1 2 3