Skip navigation

True Story: sears.com, Sears Stores and the missing vacuum

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > General Chatter > True Story: sears.com, Sears Stores and the missing vacuum
Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on February 18, 2006 at 1:19 am

My wife ordered a vacuum from sears.com.

sears.com informed my wife that she could pick her order up at one of the Sears Stores conveniently located nearby.

My wife went to the Sears Store in Santa Monica to pick up the vacuum. When she arrived, she was required to swipe the credit card she used to order the vacuum and then here order popped up on a screen she hit continue and 'PEPE' was paged to fill her order.

PEPE came and checked her order in his mobile stock fufilling device. He then checked off everything and went to pull her order. The vacuum was not in stock so PEPE couldn't fulfill her order but, he had no way of notifying the system that he couldn't fulfill her order.

PEPE sent my wife down to the vacuum department to see if there was a comparable unit there. This is where she met MARIO. MARIO tried very hard to find a comparable unit but was unable to do so. MARIO said that in order to fix this, he would need to credit back her order and then reorder it from the Sears Store system.

Before MARIO could do this, my wife would have to get a credit return number from sears.com. sears.com said they would mail my wife the number shortly and she should wait in the store where MARIO would give her access to a terminal where she could get her mail (lucky for her our mail server does that). It never arrived. So they called back and asked them to send it to another e-mail address. They said it would arrive within the hour.

By that time, my wife was in tears, the store was closing and she had no vacuum cleaner, but sears.com's order fulfillment system thinks she does.

She tried to get the manager to give her something in writing verifying that she did not have the product she ordered from sears.com which she was supposed to pick up from a Sears Store location which the Sears Store location processed as delivered but couldn't deliver. The manager couldn't be bothered, told her that it was time for her to go home and she would have to take care of this herself through sears.com

At this point, sears.com has over $400.00 dollars of our money and their computer fulfillment system thinks we have a vacuum. All we have so far is a wasted evening, stress, tears and more phone calls to make.

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on February 18, 2006 at 5:19 am

Thus the trouble caused when the world is ruled by computers, and dishonnest, lazy people.

Hope you get this all sorted out :(

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on February 18, 2006 at 5:36 am

ouch i hope this gets sorted out soon.

if not no one here will buy anything from them im sure.

Posted on February 18, 2006 at 5:38 am

ouch i hope this gets sorted out soon.

if not no one here will buy anything from them im sure.

I've never heard of them :lol:

Posted on February 20, 2006 at 2:02 pm

Hi,

Just a little update; I called on Saturday to find out about the status of what is supposed to be a credit issuance of my wife's order.

I spoke with Israel and explained the situation to him including a blunt description of how my wife was treated. Israel made no apologies for how my wife was treated, and stated that my wife's order had shipped.

I stated that the order was supposedly cancelled on the previous day and that I credit was supposed to have been initiated.

Israel had no record of that.

I asked him to re-initiate that process and to send me a confirmataion message.

Israel said I should receive a confirmation within the hour.

It is now Monday and the confirmation promised is still missing.

I called again and spoke with Kyung; she stated that "The order cancel process has been sent to Sears store. You wait for credit four five days on you credit card.

I asked where the confirmation e-mail was that Israel said he sent on Saturday; Kyung said "We don't sent out e-mail, we sent out credit request to the Sears store and then you just wait five day and check you credit card."

I asked, what happens if the credit not show up on my credit card?

Kyung said "If credit not process in five days then you call back we will hep you."

We'll see...

Posted on February 21, 2006 at 3:09 pm

Humph! Bad service, you know you could contact trading standards about this afterwards :evil:

Posted on March 9, 2006 at 9:28 pm

Follow the thread here:
[url]http://www.vordesigns.com/Portal/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=548</a>

It's getting stupid.

March 9, 2006
Called Sears at 800-349-4358 regarding seax-010820915-seaz
?Where is credit?

Spoke with Catherine whose supervisor was unwilling to get on the phone to ask me why I haven't called my credit card company to dispute the charges?

Called Discover
Discover is terribly sorry for the inconvenience and has credited our account immediately.

They will contact Sears and investigate the issue, seeking a full credit to our account from Sears.

They will contact us in the future if necessary regarding this matter.

Posted on March 21, 2006 at 2:47 am

Thank you Ed Foster (Infoworld) for posting my dilemma on Gripe Line.
[url]http://www.gripe2ed.com/scoop/story/2006/3/17/11547/0521</a>

I will see if Mr. Blackburn, Director of Stores-- Sears Los Angeles West D/231 can bring anything to the issue.

I will keep you posted.

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on March 21, 2006 at 8:47 am

such inconviences shows malcommunication within the company. sears is starting to look defective...thats just rediculous

Posted on March 21, 2006 at 5:04 pm

Thanks to Ed Foster's Gripe Line article, Sears has been most helpful; details can be had at [url]http://www.vordesigns.com/Portal/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=557#557</a>

Posted on March 22, 2006 at 12:44 am

The Santa Monica Sears Store Manager went out of her way this evening and delivered the credit slip and a gift card for my wife.

I contacted Discover this evening to withdraw my dispute for the charges since the credit has been delivered; I was not surprised to be informed that, as my wife had feared, Sears had responded to the dispute and submitted proof of delivery for the product that was not, in fact, delivered.

If it weren't for the help of Ed Foster and his column, my wife and would have been forced to file suit to obtain satisfaction.