Skip navigation

Logitech joystick seems to be working

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Logitech joystick seems to be working
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 26, 2006 at 12:10 pm

I don't know if anyone else uses an Extreme 3D Pro, but mine was annoying the heck out of me. I would calibrate it(using Logitech's software) and within one DM, it would start to lose calibration. It became very difficult to turn to the right. Tried everything I could think of, but nothing seemed to help. This issue is part of why I hadn't played in so long. Having to re-calibrate during every match got pretty old.:(

It was so bad, I almost resorted to using the mouse and keyboard...but I got over that pretty quick.:P Luckily, I got wise to what was going on and deleted the Logitech software. Using the generic calibration in XP works like a charm. Look out, Treadheads, here I come! Bwahahahahaha!:D

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on January 27, 2006 at 11:19 pm

good for you... let's see what it does at LDA :D

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on January 28, 2006 at 8:44 am

I forgot to clean out the registry and it started messing up again, but I got on yesterday and I think it's finally good to go! Woohoo!:D

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on January 28, 2006 at 12:39 pm

Anyone know of other good gaming joysticks out there? My Cyborg Gold is on the outs-

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on January 28, 2006 at 10:21 pm

Anyone know of other good gaming joysticks out there? My Cyborg Gold is on the outs-

Single stick or dual stick? ;)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on January 29, 2006 at 9:54 am

Well...I have given up! Has some trouble with my 'stick again last night. That's why I took off after a while. It appears the drivers were not really the problem. The stick itself just would not cooperate. That's why it's in at least 4 pieces now. :twisted: Looks like it's mouse/keyboard for me from now on....

Level 13 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 29, 2006 at 11:53 am

Perhaps it's time for a different joystick, Karldar :)

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on January 29, 2006 at 1:24 pm

I use a single joystick. Anyone who has a single gaming joystick they like, please let me know.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on January 29, 2006 at 8:10 pm

I have the Wingman Extreme 3D Pro, but after I had it for a while, the Z axis became increasingly erratic. It is practically impossible to calibrate now. The X and Y axes work fine, as well as all the buttons.
Being in military electronics in the past, I have seen lots of these types of problems. The little potentiometer for the Z axis probably has some crap (tech. term) on the contacts. I am just too lazy to open the thing up and clean it. Some tuner cleaner or other electronic cleaner would probably do the trick.
Not that I use the stick for TM. I am a keys and mouse guy.
Karldar, if those pieces are from disassembly and not destruction, you might want to find the internal parts with the wires on them that turn when the stick is moved, and spray them clean with something, then reassemble and test.

mELONcRACKER

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on February 1, 2006 at 10:00 am

I have the Wingman Extreme 3D Pro, but after I had it for a while, the Z axis became increasingly erratic. It is practically impossible to calibrate now. The X and Y axes work fine, as well as all the buttons.
Being in military electronics in the past, I have seen lots of these types of problems. The little potentiometer for the Z axis probably has some crap (tech. term) on the contacts. I am just too lazy to open the thing up and clean it. Some tuner cleaner or other electronic cleaner would probably do the trick.
Not that I use the stick for TM. I am a keys and mouse guy.
Karldar, if those pieces are from disassembly and not destruction, you might want to find the internal parts with the wires on them that turn when the stick is moved, and spray them clean with something, then reassemble and test.

mELONcRACKER

Thanks, and you're probably right about the contacts being dirty, but I'm a destroyer, not typically a disassembler.:D I think I could get used to the mouse, tho...just need to adjust the sensitivity maybe.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on February 1, 2006 at 10:58 am

I'm a destroyer, not typically a disassembler.:D
An expensive trait to have when it comes to electronics. But a great trait to have when it comes to Tread Marks.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on February 2, 2006 at 9:22 am

I'm a destroyer, not typically a disassembler.:D
An expensive trait to have when it comes to electronics. But a great trait to have when it comes to Tread Marks.

Yeah, hindsight...20/20, etc. I've learned the hard way, but for some reason I tend to destroy, then disassemble, or, more accurately, salvage. That's actually the first computer joystick I've killed(and hopefully the last).

Now, if I can just get my Xbox off my mouse pad, maybe I can get some fragging done!:D