Skip navigation

2ndself's guide to madness.

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > 2ndself's guide to madness.
Level 14 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on January 10, 2006 at 3:12 pm

Ok so this is a few useful things I've picked up durning my modding, not many but a few. These should help make some crazy mods.

Explotrails - I found this one by generaly messing round. It started when I was about to make a cruise missile typed when, I had just coppied the file and then I spotted the smoketrail = line and wondered what would happen if I used an explosion in here...would it crash the game, not work, or look fantastic. The answer, #3 a burning missile which roars around the battlefeild engulfed in bursting flame. I the explo I used for this effect was streamer1 and the Burning Hell Bat can be found in Blade Of The Betrayer after I had modded it further.

Folowing Respawn Point - I decided once upon a time, whilst making Cartoon Dreadnought I think, to fiddel with the Bauble and see what I could do. So I took the bauble and first used a different entinty type (duno what), it didn't work. So I took the bauble and replaced it with the concusion weapon ent, which basically made a respawn point for concusion which followed my tank, the spawned weapons also followed me. Try it, I never released it because I didn't like it :D .

Projectile Trail - Completely evil is all I can say, it involves setting the smoketrail line as a projectile. The projectile is to powerful it can destroy you when you fire it. I discovered this during further experimentation after Explotrails. I never put it to good use.

Spewers - The creation of super-intelligent people. These can be used in any way you can imagine, spectacular, I even used them as a smoketrail in Alpha Nova I beleive.

Any comments, further suggestions, insired ideas, post them here, and if this doesn't bring life back to the LDA forums then we're doomed! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO............5 hours later...........OOOOOOOOMMMMEEDDD!!!!!

Yours, 2ndself / (Mad Dr.2ndself)

Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 10, 2006 at 4:11 pm

make r-grenade explos link to nuke projectiles and r-grenade explohits link to matter bomb projectiles.

Is fun :)

My hell server had that on it. It was also before source tank inheritence was not passed through anything other than spewer, so they would track your own tank. :D

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 11, 2006 at 12:12 am

I ought to use a weapon similar to that in my next pack. Sounds like fun. The weight will probably have to be like ten or so.

My nuclear tank did something very unexpeced. It created something similar to a fuse after it catches on fire. First it starts to create spewers (onfiretype, set it as a spewer), which within thirty secs the first spewer of it starts with a nuclear explosion, which then continues down the line of spewers until it reaches the end or the nuclear tank creating them. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: You have to run from your own fire. :lol: There is one way to save yourself, you can pick up the wrenches and then run like crazy.

I am planning on creating a weapon similar to while at the same time very different from the shadow ship.

I tried to create a bauble, but the tank that I put it on never appeared afterwards.

Level 14 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on January 11, 2006 at 4:25 pm

Lol Dennis try baubletype = NukeMissile :D
Then use the tank. :lol: