Skip navigation

Hosting problems on RBT

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Hosting problems on RBT
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 25, 2005 at 6:15 pm

It seems that there are quite a few people who can not host a game on RBT. I am one of them.
I re-downloaded the free version but it still won't connect to the other players.
Is there anything we - or you - can do so the hosting problems are in the past?
Thanks! :)

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 26, 2005 at 4:06 pm

i dont normally have a problem hosting but there seem to be a new recent glich with RBT...
when online the game starts hesitating when in game play every once in a while..and when i look down at my hardrive light blinks like crazy.. :cry: like its taking up all my computer resources???..my pc is up to date and utilty keeped up so why would this happen and am i the only one this has been happening to??

...ICE... 8)

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on December 26, 2005 at 4:16 pm

IDK, but I don't think that's a bug because I don't have that happening. Maybe try playing the game in windowed mode and have the task manager in the background be open so you can monitor what goes on. I did that, and everything seems fine.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 2, 2006 at 3:00 pm

It's most likely a firewall problem. We did do some magic to try to get around firewall issues, but it's possible that it may not be working in your case.

If you're familiar with your firewall/router, you can try opening up ports 24200 - 24300 and that should cover it, hopefully.

As far as your hard drive thrashing, here's a few things to try first:
* Make sure you don't have a lot of programs running in the background.
* Try restarting your computer.
* Run a virus and adware check. AVG Free and Ad-Aware SE are good, free programs for this.
* Defrag your hard drive, or, if your hard drive is starting to get full, clean it up a bit.
Let me know if either of you need anything else.