Skip navigation

Sound delay in Dxball2

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Sound delay in Dxball2
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 18, 2005 at 10:29 pm

I'm experiencing a delay in the sound as the ball hits anything. Is there something I can do to prevent the delay? Hope so. :roll:

Level 13 Human bookkeeper
Posted on December 19, 2005 at 12:07 am

i take it that game play is normal and fluid, except for the sound delay....

how old ( or new ) is your computer?
and.....
when you play, is dxball the only program running, or are there 14,000 other programs and processes running at the same time?

i actually know of some one who runs 14,000 other programs, then expects games to play smoothly.... even background programs that produce sound. go figure.

Level 13 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on December 19, 2005 at 12:40 pm

You might have an old version of DX-Ball 2. Try getting the latest version available. The file, once you install it at where you install it, should patch your game. It will not remove any boards you already have.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on December 19, 2005 at 8:31 pm

Thanks Casper! It worked. BTW, I only have, um, maybe 7000 apps running at one time, so harmless, I guess that wasn't my problem. :wink: but thanks for trying to help just the same.

Level 13 Human bookkeeper
Posted on December 19, 2005 at 10:08 pm

no problem... lol....
it's always nice when there is a simple solution.

Level 11 Human gamer
Posted on February 2, 2008 at 11:18 am

I am suffering from the same delay issue, but trying to download the latest version (I have purchased the 'classic' set in the past) using the link posted I get an error.
Can you point me at that download? looking at the dowload page, I see the ability to download a 'demo' version - am scarred to lose my game/boards if I install this...???

Appreciate you help,

Arik

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on February 5, 2008 at 3:28 am

Hi Arik,

You can download all of your purchases from our Download Centre at www.ldagames.com/downloads/.

If you lost your download key, or if your order is old enough that you were never given a download key, send me an email or a PM with your full name and the email address you used when you originally made your purchase.

My email address is rick@ldagames.com.