Skip navigation

Thunderstorm!!!!!

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Thunderstorm!!!!!
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 11, 2005 at 9:43 pm

The lightning,wind, and rain are not working on my mod thunderstorm. I have tried everything I can think of, but it still won't work. If anyone wants, I'll let them take a look at the programming and see if they can't figure out why. Maybe it's my computer, most of the mods from one or two of the packs I downloaded are unseen on my computer because of a possible texture failure or something. Think there's a problem with my texture too, so I can't see the weapon.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on December 11, 2005 at 10:07 pm

Just scanned my computer and found 4 spyware programs on my computer. That's why it's been slow. I should run a scan everytime I get off the internet.

2ndself, may I have your permission to use any weapons (almost, except for alpha nova) on my server :?:

To the creator the weapon that fires that ShadowCruiser that fires missiles and stuff, I need your permission to make a weapon based on your weapon. I think it would be better for me to ask permission before basing a weapon on someone else's or using someone else's projectiles for a weapon of my own, after all, it was there idea.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on December 12, 2005 at 1:13 am

To the creator the weapon that fires that ShadowCruiser that fires missiles and stuff, I need your permission to make a weapon based on your weapon. I think it would be better for me to ask permission before basing a weapon on someone else's or using someone else's projectiles for a weapon of my own, after all, it was there idea.

That'd be mine, and sure, go right ahead. Feel free to credit the original in your readme or something, though :).

If you want, I can also take a peek at the thunderstorm weapon to see if I can figure out why stuff's not appearing. I assume you've already run it through ENTegrity?

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on December 12, 2005 at 4:47 pm

lighting is easy, wind can be done many ways. Two i know of are putting entries on the map file or creating a projectile that is invisable and has a slight kick to it. Rain can be done but it would bog any system down because TM is not designd for that many ents at once. they would all dissapear untill there was enough fr tm to process.

overall:
Lighting can be done with a smoke trail and some spewers.
Wind can be done easily. On a map file the wind would be constant andonly one direction. What you do is set the gravity for the x or z cords pls the y cord. eg x, y, z 11, 11, 0 or 0, 11, 11
Rain is just to much. but it can be done witha a spewer.

hope that helps

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on December 12, 2005 at 9:34 pm

Thunderstorm is a weapon that summons a thunderstorm, however, my lightning flash entities, wind entity, and rain entity are not working. Only the hundred tornadoes work. I found the problem, however, it's the way my treadmarks folder is set up. I have no clue as to how to set up the treadmarks folder. Are you suppose to keep the downloaded objects in the addons folder or put them in the main one? I found out how to make my weapons visible, I had to move the addon art to my main art folder. When I moved both sets of art and objects to main, the tanks looked as they should, but when I tried to open a map, it wouldn't open. How are you suppose to set up the addons folder and where?

Found out about treadmarks not being able to run many ents at once with my GravitationalCharger. I finally got it to work, but once it explodes the first time, the computer freezes.

GravitationalCharger has three stages and acts as any other real machine can. First it loses its charge, just as a battery-powered machine might after being left unused for a long time, expect a lot more dangerous. Next is GravityBomb, where it functions properly. Finally is the Gravity Machine Overload, as with some machines which may explode if they overload, such as at a nuclear plant. This is the final phase.

You don't want to be caght on the field if someone sets this weapon off, it pushes or pulls everyone on the field, if you hear a boom and "evil" over and over, find someplace low (like in the water or near the water) to get lower than the explosions with the push, there are ten each phase, (only on these: GravitySpew1, GravitySpew2, recharge1, 2, 2ndrecharge1, 2), if you are within the four outside gravity splash waves, it will hold you right over the bomb, if you are caught outside it, it will push you out (you don't stop going in the opposite direction of the main area of the map until the bomb is finished, you lose complete sight of every tank and weapon on the field) until the bomb is finished.

I have the lightning hitscan and speed at about 1000, guide speed 10000, and whenever it hits ground or tank there should be a crackling thunderous sound, I combined the gun wav files, massdriver, and nukeboom sounds together, think ill do that with my sound recorder to make sure it works right. I also made cloud flashes and thundersounds with only the nukeboom. This is a HUGE weapon, but yet causes no lag. The rain can kill you (whenever I get it to work, probably just the setup of my treadmarks folder). Let's take two names out of nowhere and say sally and joe were fighting. Joe finds this storm and uses it. The rain kills Sally. It'll say "Joe killed sally with rust" if I can remember what I put down for name. :D :D :D

If you got bigbomb Vlad, check out the thanks note, I didn't know who created the projectiles used for it, so I wrote "thanks to the creators of ..."
I used your projectile to create a weapon that spawns 10 shadowships. It was my first one, so I created this mod pack to help me learn how to create weapons. I only used my favorite projectiles. :D :D :D

I did run it through ENTegrety. Maybe I set the wind entities a little too high up or something. Rain is hitscan too.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on December 13, 2005 at 2:10 am

your addons folder should be set up exactly like the tm main folder structure(you only need those folders that are used by the game mods, anything placed in the addons should over ride the main folders.) example if you are modding tank9(talon) for more pep then you would need addons\entities\racetank\tank9.ent and the modded talon would then be used instead of the stock version(single player only) if you change textures and or sound etc. you need the appropriate folder in your addons. maps(as I understand it) are a whole nother kettle of fish, iirc you need to have all your map files placed correctly before you make a map with tmapper, else things don't work as planned. hth

Level 14 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on December 13, 2005 at 3:11 pm

Sorry I took so long -
Feel free to use my weps on your server but avoid weapons that would cause lag, like the plasma shower, burning missile/hell bat or whatever it's called, and deffinately (spelling? :? ) the alpha nova!

So much to say ... dito rexr about the addons folder set up just like the main folder, this way it's possible to override pretty much anything, and if your desperate to delete a weapon you don't wan't, you can just delete the addons folder, instead of having to seak it out in the main folder.

I like my Wraith! If you put that online, I'd play in it!

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on December 13, 2005 at 4:43 pm

Thanks Vlad :D There'll be a fire ship soon. Just wait, you'll see how I will mod the shadowship into a new weapon. If only I had software to create lwo and luv files, I could create some wierd (and I mean wierd) looking weapons and other mods.

Thanks RexR, bet I will now be able to finish my thunderstorm and have it work perfectly. :D :D :D

I downloaded the alpha nova, but I haven't been able to find it on the game yet. Can't wait to see it. :D :D

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on December 13, 2005 at 4:52 pm

I found a file on FAQ telling how to activate the screenshot option. I'll try to get you guys a screenshot of the weapon GravitatonalCharger (one with it equipped to me, which really makes your tank wierd, one with it unequipped, and one with me being held right above the bomb, the bomb cannot be seen after it starts, however), and coaxs, don't put GravitationalCharger on your site yet. I have kinda fixed it, the only problem is the lag. :D :D :D 8) 8)

Level 14 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on December 14, 2005 at 11:15 am

Alpha nova has low weight for a reason, though I think I decreased it's power a little, if you want to see it quickly, go to it's weapon ENT, and increase the wieght, just don't forget to change it to a reasonable number some time later so it isn't constantly showing up! :D

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on December 14, 2005 at 9:25 pm

Set thunderstorm to 2000 once to try it but my computer froze because there were 19 other ais on the game. :lol:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on December 17, 2005 at 3:32 pm

Important! If you want to try out my thunderstorm mod, keep your eyes on the server screen and your mouse on refresh. I will put my GravitationalCharger and thunderstorm on a server called trial. I will after I fix my Treadmarks folder. All I need to do for thunderstorm is decrease tornado spew max from 100 to 10. :D :D :D :D

When I post that my treadmarks folder is fixed, start looking for my server. :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8)

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on October 10, 2006 at 12:50 pm

did you ever finish the thunderstorm,dennis? it sounds awesome! :D

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on October 14, 2006 at 2:29 pm

Gremlinn please refrain from bringing back dead topics k? Just PM someone if you are interested or star another topic Plz thank you.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on November 1, 2006 at 1:10 pm

i'm new to the treadmarks community and know that the best way to catch up is to dig through the archives instead of bugging people with something i could have found for myself.

i ran across some interesting topics,so i posted in that thread.if i had started another thread, with it being almost a year old,the person or persons involved would have a harder time remembering what the devil i was talking about than if i just posted in that particular thread.

i was just trying to generate some more interest in the game by posting in the open. if i erred,than i sincerely apologize and will stick to more recent posts.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 1, 2006 at 5:44 pm

Welcome Gremlinn, hope to see you at the TM servers!

PS: There are a LOT of mods out there :D

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on November 2, 2006 at 12:48 pm

thanks >cat<pablito! i know,i just started to scratch the surface! this is one of the best games i've played in a long time.

and i love that there are sooo many mods to add...replay factor is thru the roof! :D

once i get a little more experience,i'll try the online world...dont want to be fragged TOOO much! lmao

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on November 3, 2006 at 4:21 pm

it's still on my comp so when I get bored I can play around with it again to find out what was wrong