Skip navigation

Alpha Nova

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Alpha Nova
Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on December 5, 2005 at 4:12 pm

This is a weapon that I intended to be for my new Mod-pack ( unnamed )
I myself, even though I made it, find it completely amazing - you have to see it to beleive it.
If you want to see it say so and I'll send it. I wouldn't recomend this for online as it would cause major lag.
Also if someone could host this on their site for me? ( RC, Coaxs maybee )
I will not be including it in my new mod-pack so have it now if you want it. :D

Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on December 5, 2005 at 5:34 pm

Just keep emailing them...eventually I'll stop being lazy and get them posted :D

Level 16 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 5, 2005 at 9:04 pm

send it on over. coaxs a*t coaxs dot net

Posted on December 6, 2005 at 10:25 am

Just keep emailing them...eventually I'll stop being lazy and get them posted :D

Alright I'll send them to you two. Thx

BTW - Actualy RC I was trying to think of a joke about that - take your time, what's the hurry? :D

Level 16 Human gamer
Posted on December 6, 2005 at 4:54 pm

For anyone interested they can download it from here. http://www.geocities.com/coaxs/mods.html

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on December 6, 2005 at 7:25 pm

Random Chaos, do you happen to know when you will stop being lazy? I would really like to hear what you have to say about my mod (I used a couple of your projectiles, Random Chaos. one or two of your projectiles are among my ten favorites, I couldn't resist). :D :D :D

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on December 6, 2005 at 11:09 pm

Well, generally I don't test mods when I get them, I just post them (when I'm not lazy). I've got 380 or so mods hosted...there's no way I have the time to test every one of them :)

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on December 7, 2005 at 4:57 pm

380!? I don't even have half of them. Does anyone know where I can go to get a free memory upgrade for Windows xp? I need that before I download all of those.

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Posted on December 7, 2005 at 11:56 pm

Uhm, why not by a cheap har drive and move your TM install to there. Don't see why you need XP to play TM.

If you are having lag issue all the time and you have a high speed connection, consider A/V scan and spyware remove

Panda will scan for free [url]http://www.pandasoftware.com</a>, and SpyBot is pretty good, again, for free [url]http://www.safer-networking.org</a> but, I like to add Adaware to the mix, again, free [url]http://www.lavasoft.com</a>.

Or, you could consider a Linux implementation with the Wine project, again, this is free but you have to download and build an ISO image.

Posted on December 8, 2005 at 10:39 am

Well, generally I don't test mods when I get them, I just post them (when I'm not lazy). I've got 380 or so mods hosted...there's no way I have the time to test every one of them :)

Uhm... How do you know where to put them? :lol: ( high quality, mega, balanced ect.)

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on December 8, 2005 at 8:01 pm

dial up connection. How did you know I lave lag :?: Do you use a different name on the game? I have defender pro 2005 (full computer protection set), it will delete redundant files, delete empty files, clear your temporary internet files, clear your history, allow to you use stealth (makes you hidden to other users), protect your computer from all intrusions, and defrag your computer. You can get updates on it each day, too.

Windows XP backs up all memory stored, not just software that was originally on the computer.

Future plans: Use dasTornado to create a weapon of my own called "ThunderStorm"

sounds sweet doesn't it? :D :D :D :D

When 2ndself and I finish the infinite nuke, I will post it. Do not put it on a server. It creates enough lag to fill a city (if lag was solid).

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on December 9, 2005 at 10:53 pm

Forgot to email my mod pack to random chaos for him to post the weapons on his site. Same with coaxs. Just check your emails. Send it soon as I can. Just created a new weapon and I am too impatient to wait for my mod pack to be finished, I'll post it on my website.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on December 9, 2005 at 11:40 pm

'infinite nuke'??? sounds like another nuclear war... lol speading of creative ideas... I have a couple of 'new' designs for mechs, tanks, Warships, n stuff, but ill check out your stuff dennis.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on December 11, 2005 at 5:50 pm

Had a little problem for the GravitationalCharge. If you get it somehow, go in and change any negative ones on anything for this weapon on the launchcoords (make sure you change the middle one only) to zero. I haven't tested this yet, but if this doesn't work I'll need to create another pack with more entities for this and call that the GravitationalChargemodmodification.

The infinite nuke is working, however, the world steals it. You don't get the credit for any kills made by it. The world does.

I guess Im taking after Random Chaos, I'm getting lazy too :lol: I haven't posted my mod gravitationalcharge like I said I would.

Posted on December 13, 2005 at 3:13 pm

Have you sent it to me yet?
Sorry but I've been busy with other games and TM projects, I'll check my mail.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on December 13, 2005 at 5:06 pm

If you are talking about the infinite nuke like we had agreed upon, I still need to tweak it a little, and if you are talking about the gravitationalcharger, just fixed it but haven't sent the fixed one to anybody. The infinite nuke freezes your computer within 10 seconds.

Posted on December 14, 2005 at 11:11 am

I am talking about the infinite nuke, are you sure it freezes, not just creates incredible lag- :? :wink:

Level 14 Human Sr Code Monkey
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on December 14, 2005 at 1:08 pm

sounds like you've linked together a bunch of ents that form an infinite loop.

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on December 14, 2005 at 7:35 pm

sounds like you've linked together a bunch of ents that form an infinite loop.

That's what I call a circle... :mrgreen:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on December 14, 2005 at 9:28 pm

Can't fix the problem with it until I figure out how to fix my treadmarks folder.