Skip navigation

I have some questions and problems

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > I have some questions and problems
Pages 1 2
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 28, 2005 at 8:39 pm

1. How do I join a clan?

2. How do I put a mod pack on the internet? Everytime I try (I've almost finished a website) to put one on the website, it goes to another screen.

3. I have a program TMMod Picker, whenever I try to use it, it says it can't find the registry key. How do I fix this? :?: :?:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 28, 2005 at 9:02 pm

I assume:

1. Play at LDA or other servers and enquire people that have GA, DNX, LWA, MOD pre-names (...the longer you stick around, the more comfortable people will be to let you join)

2. You may want to zip the file and create a link to "it".... depending on your webpage software... you need to upload the file to a web server and direct the file to it.

3. No clue... but either it is installed but not recognized by xp, your registry is messed up, or it is not properly installed.

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on November 28, 2005 at 9:53 pm

if you want some free file hosting, you can always try filegone.com . if that doesn't work, try doing a google search on some free file hosters. I'm sure you can find some useful site. :mrgreen: (MOD Leader ^_^)

Level 14 Human pita
Posted on November 29, 2005 at 12:21 am

How do I put a mod pack on the internet? Everytime I try (I've almost finished a website) to put one on the website, it goes to another screen

if you want, you can attach the file to a forum post on my site. I will then add it to the downloads section. Make sure it is in a zip file :)

Level 16 Human gamer
Posted on November 29, 2005 at 4:37 am

2.) Ask someone to host them for you. To be honest having yet an other site to download mods from is a hassle and you won't really get a big influx of people there to download just your mods. Especially since you don't even test the mods before you want to distribute them. :shock:

Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 29, 2005 at 8:57 am

I need to write a nice interface for myself to update my site...right now it is too bulky :)

Level 16 Human gamer
Posted on November 29, 2005 at 6:55 pm

I need to write a nice interface for myself to update my site...right now it is too bulky :)

What do you mean?

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on November 29, 2005 at 10:31 pm

Right now I have to go through PHPMyAdmin...and I can't recall what half the fields in my DB refer to anymore :)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 30, 2005 at 12:43 pm

The site seems cool to me!?

Maybe, if you want to retouch it, a pic of the mod/anything before download would be extra-nice :)

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on November 30, 2005 at 5:22 pm

Well, supposedly they are supposed to have pics of the mod...the problem is most authors never submitted said pics :roll:

And my issues are with the back end: my ability to update it efficiently.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on November 30, 2005 at 10:03 pm

While going through my files to create a new tank, I came across some vox files for tanks I downloaded, such as TronTank and Lefemme. How do you create vox files? :? :?Maybe, if you want to retouch it, a pic of the mod/anything before download would be extra-nice :) Well, supposedly they are supposed to have pics of the mod...the problem is most authors never submitted said pics :roll: We wouldn't have this problem if people created Tutorials for their mods, don't you agree (if you can find a way to post the tutorial). I created one for BigBomb. I am having problems with it, however. When I click on it, it exits me out of treadmarks. I had to create a tutorial folder for addons.

Level 14 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on December 1, 2005 at 11:03 am

Wow my cluster missile pod comes under balanced weapons!

I'll see if I can't get some pics to you soon Ok?

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on December 1, 2005 at 5:59 pm

Tutorials were introduced in Tread Marks 1.5. About 60% of the mods hosted on my site were created prior to Tread Marks 1.5.

--RC

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on December 1, 2005 at 10:20 pm

I just created a new map. :D I lost Volcanic Region, which was my old map I created. :cry: I miss that map :cry: About my new map, I have it so that the gravity is going sideways. First time I had it pulling me at 242 mph. I wasn't touching an arrow. :lol: I got it straightened out, and you can probably expect this one. The only way to get Volcanic Region back is if Random Chaos sends it to me. If he does, you can expect it. My new map is a 4-way CTF. I have magma around each flag, and missiles are changing the geography every second. :D I can't wait until I finish this mod pack. (I still miss Volcanic Region :cry: :cry: :cry: ). I upload this one and keep it on my webpage email until I need it. I will then send it to my yahoo email and download (if my computer loses this one), put it in the mod, reupload it, and post it. :D :D :) :) 8)

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on December 3, 2005 at 7:45 pm

The replies to this forum are off topic. As I asked before, how do I create a vox file. I wish there was a rule file for it.

Level 16 Human gamer
Posted on December 3, 2005 at 7:55 pm

It's "this topic" not "this forum". :roll:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on December 4, 2005 at 12:38 am

Everyone knows what I meant. I got the words mixed up, that's all.

Level 14 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on December 4, 2005 at 2:58 pm

Vox being the voice sounds?
Well they're just wav files aren't they?
You need a sound editor, or a microphone or something.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on December 9, 2005 at 10:48 pm

Don't have either. :(

Does anyone have it? If so, can you make a file that says "The gravity bomb has arrived" or something like that?

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on December 9, 2005 at 11:42 pm

dennis send me a pm regarding previous questions in this topic please.

Pages 1 2