Skip navigation

Problems with DX Ball

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Problems with DX Ball
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 27, 2005 at 12:26 pm

Hi....I am new here and having some issues with DX Ball 2. I am running Windows Xtra Problems and DX Ball is very slow and jerky and twitchy now..... the screen breaks up sometimes......or goes dead in the water. Any ideas what is wrong?? Also, my lame brained husband threw out my list of ALL my IDs for my games, how can I get a copy so I can show my copy is a fairly bought and paid for copy in case I have to have it to download a patch or something?? Thanks so much!

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 29, 2005 at 12:06 pm

Hi meezermom, I have a couple questions for you:
* Is this a new problem, or have you always had problems with DX-Ball 2 on that computer?
* Do you have speed problems with any of your other software?

As far as your downloads go, that's no problem at all. Just send me an email or a private message (with the buttons under this post) and tell my your name, city, and your old email address.

Cheers.

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 29, 2005 at 3:59 pm

Hi Rick......I don't have any other game problems on this computer. There have been occasional hiccups with DX Ball 2 only but usually it would disappear.... After installing XP though, it has gotten a LOT worse and DX does not work right on this computer. Are there any patches or such? I have not really ever checked for that.... This computer is a Pentium 1 800.......but I am moving up to a P4 this weekend.....hopefully that will not cause anymore problems!
Meezermom

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 29, 2005 at 5:04 pm

Well, 800 MHz will leave most programs running pretty slowly on XP, but DX-Ball 2 should be fine.

The first course of action I would advise would be to run a virus scan and an adware scan. You can get a free (and very good!) virus scanner here and a free (and also very good) adware scanner here.

That's not a big deal, though, since you'll be getting a new P4 soon. The best piece of advice I can give you for keeping your new computer healthy is to make sure you always keep Windows updated with the "Windows Update" feature.

Hope you enjoy your new computer; let me know if you need anything else >:)