Skip navigation

Instructions for RBT???

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Instructions for RBT???
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 18, 2005 at 9:19 am

I just bought RBT. There are no instructions. How does it work???

How do I leave the campaign ladder temporarily and then come back to where I was--I don't want to fight Firefly over and over and never anyone else!

It miscounts the rounds. For example it might make me play "round 3 of 25" more than once--what's that about?

The game generally suffers from a lack of instructions anywhere on your site that I can find.

Thanks.

Level 14 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on November 18, 2005 at 6:10 pm

In a normal/campaign HMNvsCPU, you must win each round before moving on to the next. Also, to move on to other opponents in the campaign, you must defeat Firefly on all rounds.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on November 18, 2005 at 6:32 pm

I can't sit around all day playing games ... how do I leave a game temporarily and come back to where I was? I don't see any buttons for saving a game.

thanks

Level 14 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on November 18, 2005 at 7:50 pm

[*] Hit "ESC" or "P" (ignore quotes) during a game, then hit Save & Quit.
Note: This action costs a life and you have to replay board again (all points in that board are discarded).
- OR -
[*] At the end of any round you can click "Exit" instead of "Next".
Note: There is no additional penalty if you follow this.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on November 19, 2005 at 12:35 am

thanks, I'll try those instructions
-Jim

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on November 30, 2005 at 7:48 pm

[*] Hit "ESC" or "P" (ignore quotes) during a game, then hit Save & Quit.
Note: This action costs a life and you have to replay board again (all points in that board are discarded).
- OR -
[*] At the end of any round you can click "Exit" instead of "Next".
Note: There is no additional penalty if you follow this.

Thanks for trying Casper, but those steps don't work. I click Exit at the end of the round, and then leave the game (quit the program) and when I come back, there's no saved game.

Can you give me more complete instructions?

More to the point, isn't there an actual LDA employee who can help, considering that they provided no instructions at all?

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on November 30, 2005 at 8:45 pm

From my limited understanding, when a game is saved, RBT makes a file in the RBT directory called saved.<something> ... I can't remember what the extension was. Perhaps it doesn't create the file because of some error. Or, if you are playing with the Freeware version of RBT, the save feature doesn't work. Save only works on the Full version to my knowledge. Correct me if i'm wrong LDA... :wink:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on November 30, 2005 at 10:55 pm

I initially had the freeware version, but then I bought the full version 1.0.4.

Please help, Rick or another LDA person. I can never quit the game because my Save isn't working.

BTW, is it possible to minimize the game so I can do something else on my computer once in a while?!

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on November 30, 2005 at 11:42 pm

1.0.4 eh? Sounds like a Reflexive Arcade version. I don't have experience on that one, sorry. However, you can minimize the game by pressing windows key+m, or have RBT in windowed mode by going to options, then clicking on fullscreen. Both work like a charm. ^_^

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on December 1, 2005 at 2:10 pm

Switching back to the desktop is the easy part: any way of switching programs will work, like windows key+m, Alt+Tab, or even just hitting the window key.

As far as saving goes, Casper's instructions should work. If you hit the Exit button after a round, or you choose "Save and Quit" in the middle of a game, it will save your progress. The next time you go to the campaign screen you can look at the ladder and it should say "Click next to resume match!" next to one of the opponents, instead of "Click next to start match!" You can hover over the opponent to see which level you're on, and how many lives you have remaining. Clicking Next will start you off on the last level you played.

In short: there's no "load saved game" option like in other games. All you have to do is continue the campaign.

There are a couple things worth noting:
* Saving a game in the middle of a level does not save the current brick configuration. The next time you start, you'll start the board fresh. All it does is save your progress through the levels (for instance, level 3 of 25).
* If you use "Save and Quit" in the middle of a game (as opposed to choosing "Exit" after you're done a level), you will lose a life. If this is your last life, then you will lose your progress through the campaign. For this reason, it is much better to use the exit button instead of "Save and Quit".

Let me know if you need any more help.