Skip navigation

Invisability?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Invisability?
Level 14 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on November 17, 2005 at 10:29 am

While proceding with my work on "Blade of the Betrayer" (secret) I stumbled upon stealth technology.

Although this didn't turn out exactly how I expected, I still found it rather interesting and think it would be useful on online games.
The Stealth Ramdrill Modual will not be included in Blade of the Betrayer but I do plan to use the stealth idea on future things. So if you'd like a look at the Stealth Ramdrill I could mail it to anyone who wants a look...

BTW-Don't expect BotB soon as it's been slow progress so-far.

Confused :?:

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 17, 2005 at 8:06 pm

I would love to see the stealth modual. Please go to my post (modifications) and send it to me using my email button at the bottom. If you can answer my question, please feel free to do so. :D :D

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 17, 2005 at 9:03 pm

Yeah stealth is cool.. did you use transmuttexture command or the tankexplo.ent file? I think its cool but whish it could be a little more flexable.

Posted on November 18, 2005 at 10:26 am

Hmm...I wish I could find a way to make it so that you only go invisible when you hold fire, and disapear off the mini map too!
I use transmute texture , along with the black texture.
Also, Blade of the Betrayer now includes a stealth Cruise Missile!

BTW - coming right up dennis

BTW - How to get the flag to disapear?

Level 16 Human gamer
Posted on November 18, 2005 at 7:46 pm

Jdurg use to be able to make the tank completey disappear. :)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 18, 2005 at 9:57 pm

Man... all this differential equation crud and living in the dorms surrounded by total nutz and loose women, I'm getting awfully exhausted. In fact, I think I need something to eat... hrm.

2ndself. I was wondering if I could have a bite of that pigeon/seagull/birdy d00d.
:D

Sorry... *shakes head*... I was seeing steaks and balls of cookie dough dance before my eyes. Anyways... stealth sounds like a much fun thing... and it'd be kinda cool if it made a couple decoys that made dust tracks just like a regular tank and had weight to behave like a normal tank. Then make the decoys explode on contact with any nearby tank. That'd be hilarious! There'd be other tricks I'd recommend, but for now, that'd be hard enough to implement.

Ah yes... and I finally finished all mid terms, stinkin' finished ASP coding (actually, I gave up... ASP.net has to be one of the reasons why the world hates the US... and also a good reason why I'd just start randomly killing kittens), and believe it or not... I actually finished my juggling enough this week that I have against all prior thoughts, FREE TIME! I'll try to play some people online tonight... holy cow... I can't believe myself. But I can't stay up too late, and I have to do some collaborative illustrations around 12.

Something else I'm forgetting...

Oh CRAP! I'm about out of shampoo... didn't get a haircut for a while so now my hair is long enough for mohawks (hence the siggy)... and now I'm stinkin' running out of shampoo because I've going around with shampoo mohawks so I can nab all the ladies and generally show off to my roomie, who's a black guy (and infinitely better a student than me, so he couldn't care less, before you ask).

And mars is invading and I have armpit hair

{insert more stuff that's completely related to this topic right here and end it with 'blimey'}

BLIMEY!

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 19, 2005 at 12:53 pm

heh.. i agree it would be funny...well falling on the floor funny. But almost as wierd as agressively racing to classical music lol.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 20, 2005 at 2:10 am

The flag is a part of the bauble ent file and i have no idea how to make that disapear.

Posted on November 20, 2005 at 2:44 pm

Something dudymas mentioned about dirt tracks...
I've been doing loads of wierd stuff with smoketrails on projectiles for Blade of the Betrayer ( I know, I know, whatever... ) It's good. You can set things like explosions, and even other projectiles as smoketrails...I could probably even make one that lays down pickupable nukes aswell!!!
And great news I think, for those of you who've guessed what it is, I tell you BotB (blade of ...) is near completion. I just need to add a few more simple weapons ( Dang thats a big clue ) and some minor ajustments, then It'll be ready for...erm...christmas? (I'm not giving another clue so I'll say christmas, even though it's nothing to do with it...).

Oh, and Dudymas, here, watch out for bird flu! (check siggy)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 21, 2005 at 4:56 pm

Thats is cool to here some one beside me have tried some really wacked out things with tm. By the way, have you tried tanks as a smoke trail? I dont know if it works in v1.6 but in 1.1 i was able to have the game spawn tanks every time a projectile was fired. The never fight, but they were like the tagets on the training maps.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 21, 2005 at 6:38 pm

You can spawn tank spawnpoints :)

Sadly, they don't pick up as real spawn points - though I believe you can use them for weapon pickups as I remember, just not tank spawns.

Also, take a look at my CTF Poison River, CTF Acid Moat, and CTF Volcanic Isle maps - they take advantage of the Ecocrud (set on the map config), resulting in tank damage when you drive across water. Unfortunately they can't be multiplayer becuase of the bandwidth required for the millions of projectiles :). (Poison was a proof of concept map, acid and volcanic were made as major maps; volcanic is a 3-team map).

And also, take a look at the Tree Strike weapon I made - another proof of concept. Someone improved on it, but I don't have the ents for that.

Another proof of concept map was my MIRV Missile. Several far improved versions are now available, such as my favorite, A2597's Mirvs of Steel. Another good example is General Moltek's Das Mirv / Das Mirv II.

And if you want one of the neatest weapons out there, take a look at General Moltek's Das Tornado.

Linky for the my maps and weapons: http://treadmarks.vorklift.com/tm_download.php?id=21&aid=1

A2597's weapons: http://treadmarks.vorklift.com/tm_download.php?id=21&aid=2

General Moltek's weapons: http://treadmarks.vorklift.com/tm_download.php?id=21&aid=18

Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 21, 2005 at 6:43 pm

JL also worked on quite a few weapons (most of these are credited to DVSDuke who actually packaged them for distribution). However, JL's most inovate weapon, and a excellent example of a proof of concept, was his Plasma Shield weapon. It was so unique that LDA invited JL into a chat to find out how he made it, and to see if it would work for a possible new version of TM that they were working on (a version that sadly never happened).

Here is JL's weapon: http://treadmarks.vorklift.com/tm_download.php?id=21&aid=19

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 21, 2005 at 8:16 pm

Yup the plasma shiled was really cool so cool that i reincarnated it fr my mod. The bes part of it is that it does not toss you around but it is limited to one direction. it can also be used as a raming weapon which i think is very nifty. i di give credit to jl who gave me the idea

Posted on November 22, 2005 at 10:49 am

Plasma sheild is good but I couldn't get round the fact that it wouldn't let you out!!!

I'm working on a map at the moment, and was wondering if anyone could find a picture of some sort of space battle that I could use as the sky.
Erm....I'll probably need further help on the map too later. I'll stay in touch.

Thanks for future events :wink:

Sorry I guess I'm just naff at maps, I'm abandoning it but it would be greatly apreciated if someone wanted to finnish it off for me as I know what I'd like to do with it, and think it'd be good. I just can't do it! :cry:

The map is generaly flatish, with a few small smooth hills and a fortress on each side. The corridors in the fortresses need a bit of adjusting, the spewer for the map is fine (i think) , it needs a little adjustment so that it tiles properly, and I would like to see the space battle scene in the sky if possible.

Also I'd like plenty of the spewers, to give a real space raid affect! :D

Thanks again for future events! :wink: