Skip navigation

Robo's Servers Down

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Robo's Servers Down
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 14, 2005 at 9:41 am

Stranger thing are happening with my TM server system it slowly kills off the servers one by one

The pc itself does not crash and seams to function fine so until I find time to investigate
(I suspect it's a memory incompatibility problem) the servers will stay
offline sorry to all those that use them.

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 15, 2005 at 12:12 am

Robo,

Have you turned off TMLogScan?

Killier took it down and he warned us that it would eat memory until it was restarted or connected to the TMLS server which won't be happening in the near future if ever again.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 15, 2005 at 4:09 am

Logscan is deactivated.
I am sure it's a memory timing problem the ram fitted is at the max speed for the motherboard
the manual warns that system could be unstable :)

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on November 15, 2005 at 10:58 pm

I am sorry to hear this. I have played the clan server and will miss it.

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 17, 2005 at 10:13 am

I understand, I have a development system that I run VMWare on and it has pokied up since I swapped the matched pair RAM with larger generic chips.
Specs are the same but I now get intermittent BSODs on some of the VM systems. One associate recommended installing parity RAM.
Good luck.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 18, 2005 at 5:56 am

Servers back up change the ram module for one I had hanging
around. Only time will tell how stable the setup is now :)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 23, 2005 at 6:00 am

It never rains but it pours :-(

As you can see above it looks like I fixed the TM server.
So for the story of woe I was playing EVE online the other night when the PC crashed on reboot I found no internet connection
so I rebooted again and all seamed fine, Then I noticed a faint smell of electronics burning quickly shut down the pc
when I checked the motherboard I found that the power connector to the board had started to melt. :shock:

The only thing I had change was to upgrade the graphics card drivers which let the card run at X8 rather than X4 even though the
motherboard was rated for a X8 AGP card it looks like it was drawing to much current (ill fill in the card and mobo when I get home to double check manufactures)

So the upshot if that I will be using the TM server system until I get a replacement Power supply and mother board so my servers will be popping in and out as I need to use pc.

FYI the Motherboard was a Gigabyte GA-7VAXP Rev 1.1 the Graphics card is a HIS Excalibur Radeon 9600XT 256mB Ram