Skip navigation

killing our fun bff 1415 and dodger!!

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Arcade Games > killing our fun bff 1415 and dodger!!
Pages 1 2
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 10, 2005 at 7:48 am

I sure hope the boys at longbow read this forum! I have been playing this game for a little over two years now, and i just have to say something about the trouble makers in rb. I can't stand it anymore. I think that most of the players would agree, that their childish notes, and vulgar language has just gone too far. Dodger and bff1415 have taken this game and turned it into a slaughter house!! who will they kill today! First it was me, I have been called a fagot, a mother fucker, and names that i wont write. Then it was disko, poor disko how does she stand it. Then it was lisa, poor girl left the game in tears. Then it was sunny, now we are both fagots!! and now they are back on disko!
Do you people( dodger, bff1415) have any idea how much you are hurting and upsetting others? Do you care? of Course not, do you care that your ruining a game that has taken a great many people a long time to produce?NO of course not. Do you care that there are children as young as 5 on this game to read your sick notes? Of course not? Well we do!! and we are sick of the crap that your dishing out every single day!
I would like as many people as possible to write their opinons in forum and mabe just maybe, the boys at long bow will get rid of them once and for all!! I will be writing a personal letter of this to Jim MCnally as well. This is quite serious and too many people are being hurt by these heartless young children with no morals. Plese post your concerns as well!

Level 19 Human gamer
Posted on November 10, 2005 at 8:26 am

First of all,,,asking a player if they believe in God is no reason 2 tell a player that they will b deleted. So many times when a player doesn!t like what another player says in their notes ( espically when it is not vulgar) they always say" I am going 2 get Rob 2 delete U ) like they own the board. I saw the notes about f--- the sabbeth and I didn!t like it either. The sabbeth is holy 2 some of us and those of u that doesn!t keep it holy doesn! t give u the right 2 say f--- it. However 2 each his/her own. Enough with the threats,,,it is getting boring lol. Have a great day every 1!!!!!! :D

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 10, 2005 at 9:29 am

Wow talk about misunderstandings!! About the Sabbath thing, mask was Sabbath and disko was Krappy. not knowing that they were each other they got into a dispute. Thus the notes! nothing to do with religion! all is well now, mask and disko have had a good laugh and its over. Why would people just assume and not get the details! all of this because someone could not mind their own busness, and just couln't wait to get the dirt on disko!! shame on yourselves!! Get the facts and stop causing trouble! this is rediculous!!

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on November 10, 2005 at 10:42 am

Uhm...Not meaning to get myself involved in this scary ranting and raving (in type of course) that would apear to be going on here but I find the things said by some imature people over the net horrible. They could be speaking to an old lady or a 3 year old or anything. :angry: ( once again I say the smilee pannel has stopped working fo me!!??)

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on November 10, 2005 at 5:54 pm

The smilies work here... :x :evil: :twisted: :mrgreen: ...see?

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on November 10, 2005 at 6:23 pm

sabbath bloody sabbath is a song from Black Sabbath and thats all there is to it. as of the Krappy i felt the way the game was turning out that i was beening cheated. maybe i was wrong and maybe i wasnt. That was lastnight and today is today im not gonna dwell on this. what was done is done so just forgive and forget...as that what im gonna do.
theres no need to bring anyone who is close to me involved in something so stuiped and ridicules as of this i wouldnt do it to anyone...

Everyone gets heated in RB even i do sometimes. but with situation with boytoy and others with this constant abuse of these thuggs is upsetting and disgraceful. its time for LDA to take some responsibility and start monitor there default room..

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 10, 2005 at 8:38 pm

I must say how extremely upset and displeased I am to learn that once again all this hatred and name calling is still continuing. Whoever the culprit is in this, should be the person blocked from the game. I most certainly agree with Boytoy, this must stop. As you all must remember, I had posted several months ago about a similar situation such as this but to no avail, because LDA does not have the proper tool to stop this nonsense. So most of us being adults will have to stop it on our own.

As far as Sabbath is concerned, well I truly never thought much about the name one way or the other. ICE has now made it perfectly clear as to who and what his Sabbath is.

Now, having stated the above for whatever it's worth...I'd like to make a suggestion to all:

If we continue to feed into these players who are hell bent on causing trouble, then trouble is what we will get in return.

However, if we just ignore their attempts of religious, racial or immoral comments, they will eventually become very frustrated and bored and move on, hopefully to another planet lol.

But please remember, each and every time we respond to their ignorance and disgusting innuendos we are feeding them once again.

We are also allowing these people to pit friend against friend. I have seen this happen over & over these last few months.... good friends depart friendships because of lies and deceit. Please keep the lines of communication open...And don't believe everything you hear!

Bottom line:

Just ignore them and enjoy the game!

Level 13 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on November 10, 2005 at 9:03 pm

As what sunny would say, try to ignore it. If not possible, inform Rob immediately! Those "wrong-do"ers will eventually get themselves IPed.

The "try to ignore it" quote in this case is also called Endurance. I am too defensive to keep this quote hidden.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on November 10, 2005 at 9:11 pm

Shouldn't have to endure anything of the type---it's not what the game was put here for--to have to "endure" crap and "bs" from others on a daily basis.
Some of the comments are baser than most things I've ever heard--and , unfortunately, I've heard the gamut.
Ethnic, religious and homophobic slurs shouldn't have to be "endured" by anybody--ANYTIME, ANYWHERE...
Being goaded into rebuttal, of course, is NOT the way to go---and often times, silence and ignorance of the "commenter" results in nothing more than a proliferation of insults and a barrage of even more denigrating comments. I believe in the "sticks and stones" adage---but sometimes, enough is enough.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 10, 2005 at 9:55 pm

I for one am not willing to endure but willing to ignore at this time...I am however going on the assumption that these are children creating this hell. I would hate to think that this was caused by an adult...

However, I am in total agreement with Teulk. No one should have to be subject to any of this.

To ignore:
To refuse to pay attention to; disregard.

To endure:

To carry on through, despite hardships; undergo: endure an Arctic winter.
To bear with tolerance: "We seek the truth, and will endure the consequences"

Level 19 Human gamer
Posted on November 10, 2005 at 11:27 pm

:lol: Geezzzzzzzzzzzz all this over a simple question. :lol: :lol:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 11, 2005 at 12:13 am

If our early lessons of acceptance were as successful as our early lessons of anger, how much happier we would all be?

Just a thought...Think about it. :D

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on November 11, 2005 at 1:22 am

this is trully a rampant problem in both Rival Ball And RBT, I personally have experienced a plethora of name calling, Moral Bashing, and...AND Religious Persecution! A whim and a prayer wont stop the slanderous remarks, but maybe LDA developers(Rick, Rob, and others not mentioned)can put a can on this, maybe not. Sunny put it best at "I for one am not willing to endure but willing to ignore at this time"
Until further notice i will remain pliant and patient.

Pliant:(Adjective form) Adjustable , adaptable, pliable, malleable.

My higher power once said:"you say an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, but i say if he strikes you on your right cheek you shall turn the other cheek".

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 11, 2005 at 12:42 pm

Okay, okay, they're gone now.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 11, 2005 at 1:10 pm

Greatly appreciated Rick...

But for how long? Seems to me we have been down this road before!

This is most time consuming you know, on your part...

A permanent solution might be nice!...

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 11, 2005 at 1:31 pm

Unfortunately, there's not much we can do to eliminate griefers. If we did have a solution, it would be very profitable for us, since a recent study showed that 25% of all support for online games deals with griefers. The human factor is always the most difficult to control.

We've learned more with each game, and in fact, we've added more controls to Tournament after the experience we've gained from Rival Ball, and we've certainly gotten some more ideas since then, but it's just not feasible for us to spend a significant amount of time rewriting the game at this point in time.

Ultimately, the best thing to do -- and this goes for all online games, not just ours -- is just to ignore griefers. Remember, their "game" is to annoy people. If they don't get any response, then they'll evantually get tired of losing that game and go somewhere else.

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on November 11, 2005 at 4:07 pm

Ok so anything I say here doesn't realy affect me I know but I'd like to help.
Is it possible to introduce some sort of ignor button to the game so that you don't even see what they're saying? Not knowing the game I don't know how it works but that way you wouldn't have to see/hear it and you could get on with beating them at the game. They'd have to get annoyed if you kept winning wouldn't they?
Plus if this is possible would it be possible to make it so that they know you've blocked them? Because I have found that on other online games that if you block( put them on ignor so you don't see what they're saying ) someone they still get just as much fun out of abusing you, because they think you're still listening as they can't see you're blocking them.
Also - if you stop a user from playing, can't they just create a new acount and carry on?

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 11, 2005 at 4:17 pm

Nice idea!

Unfortunately,YES they can create a new user name and continue to harass...

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on November 11, 2005 at 4:55 pm

Yeah--the mute button doesn't do anything to stop the comments from coming through, as I'm sure we all know...

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on November 17, 2005 at 7:20 pm

well just an input on this insult topic. I play on xbox live, and I was one of the best in the world for halo 2... not to mention mechassault 2 also. a few months later, this happened in august, I came face to face with a clan dedicated to hate me18 people to be exact. now being of young age, I was alittle surprised, but mostly insulted. they insulted me constantly through the match i mean CONSTANTLY! it was enfuriating for me. So they left cause I won. next I faced them, and I think this is a show of very poor skill. they used hacks, and embarassingly they lost. however my latest incounter was 56 hate emails i HAVE GOTTEN! same thing happened to one of my friends. after the got to me they moved to other targets I had associated with. they got them selves banned, then came back and started it all up again. played me using hacks, and removed me utterly from the leader boards... I was embarrased, and angry , and sad, and somewhat amused by their childish antics but i left the halo 2 xbox live community. but yet again the same thing happened in mechassault 2...the same guys, cursing me off...yet again... so basically ive alienated myself from the xbox live community comepletely...almost.

Pages 1 2